X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio 4 podcasts

A friend has pointed me in the direction of a podcasts series:

wedding detectives a new series
    From just two photos, Charlotte and Cole uncover a story of infidelity and murder.

and tracing you roots (old series):
    Series exploring the practice of researching family history

after getting annoyed at Alexa - have figured out how to play on there.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 09-11-20, 11:49.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

listened to the wedding ones - and really enjoyed them.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

What's the trick to the alexa to play them? Have tried and failed in the past though I can get the ordinary BBC radio stations.

Comment

You seem to have to ask alexa to ask the BBC - I think this is what I did in the end. It even played from where I had listened to not sure if I have linked it somehow - not sure how the magic worked!

"Alexa ask bbc to play wedding detectives"

I think in the end I didn't even need to say radio 4 podcast

To get started, say “Alexa, open BBC Sounds.” When prompted, ask for the name of the live radio station, programme, podcast or music mix that you want to listen to.

Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Comment

If wish somebody would tell me how to get the stupid woman to play anything at all from the albums in the Now That’s What I Call Music series. I have a good few in my Apple Music account and my iPad, iPhone and iTunes for Windows on my laptop will all play them no problem. Apple Music is the default player set on our Echo but the blooming madam just keeps saying sorry “I can’t find that on Apple Music”. Doh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            A friend has pointed me in the direction of a podcasts series:

wedding detectives a new series
            From just two photos, Charlotte and Cole uncover a story of infidelity and murder.

and tracing you roots (old series):
            Series exploring the practice of researching family history

after getting annoyed at Alexa - have figured out how to play on there.
            Have just clicked on the link Wedding Detectives and the three episodes listed seem to bear no resemblance to what I am now listening to after asking Alexa to ask the BBC to play Wedding Detectives podcast. This one is for Brian George Stadden and Jean Wigley at Windsor.

Comment

I enjoyed the one it played for me which it said was dated 3rd November and as I mentioned was about Brian and Jean.
              It will not play any other one. Not even if I ask for the date as well as the programme name. She can’t find anything for the other two dates. Grrr!

Comment

She does seem sensitive, and won't always do as asked.

you could try playing the podcast manually then asked Alexa as she seem to pick up from where I left off
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                X