New Bedfordshire records and other latest news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bedfordshire records and other latest news

Now that I have the summary screen working on ancestry (yay, who knew I needed to clear cookies) I can see at a glance new records added.

So far in October they have added

UPDATED Wiltshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812
    12/10/2020
    NEW Bedfordshire, England, Workhouse and Poor Law Records, 1835-1914
    08/10/2020

My family had left Beds just after start date, so nothing for me, but might be something of interest about Ampthill.

Findmypast do not seem to have many new interesting UK records in last few weeks, quite a few elsewhere:
    From new releases each week on Findmypast Friday to site feature updates and company happenings, keep on top of the very latest genealogy news and events from Findmypast.

Back in August they added more Welsh records - so that is one for my list on DHs tree, might find something new.

The newspapers are adding always, and I have yet to find a method to keep up with this, maybe I need to do another good trawl through some of my ancestors and see if they turn up
    Explore 72 newspaper titles on the British Newspaper Archive, over 200 years of history, local and international news stories, plus hundreds thousands of digitised articles published daily

Free access to Ancestry & FindmyPast?
    I am still able to access Ancestry and Findmypast at home via my library, although I now to have a WW sub for Ancestry, our library buildings are not open to the public, you just use them as click and collect for books, so that is probably why.

Have you found something new/recently released?

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff
Working...
X