New record sets to Ancestry & FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New record sets to Ancestry & FMP

I rarely think to check what is new on these 2 sites (and in fact other places), and see that PhotoFamily mentioned that Ancestry now has additional Westminster records just added, so it prompted me to check out FMP, and they also seem to be busy adding records, including Surrey and Hampshire in last couple of weeks.

FMP don't seem to have a nice simple list like Ancestry:

FMP
    From new releases each week on Findmypast Friday to site feature updates and company happenings, keep on top of the very latest genealogy news and events from Findmypast.

Do you all regularly check?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

I always forget to check ancestry as I don’t get the multitudes of emails they would send if they got the chance. I am signed up for the FindMyPast Fridays email which shows the new record sets. The only thing I don’t like about FMP is they don’t make it easy to see the full contents list of datasets. ancestry is much better for that.

Comment

I don't seem to get the emails from any of them - maybe I switched them off!
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I get emails from both of them - FMP is every Friday. Ancestry are not so regular.

If you have ever had a different email address with them, or joined with a special offer which was on .com or another one which people often did in the past, it will be worth checking that your settings are correct and even if they look right, you may need to contact support.

I had problems in the past with both sites. I originally joined from overseas in Euros which caused all sorts of problems with logins with FMP as their system insisted that I was living in Ireland and therefore ineligible for some things. That got sorted and then I wasn't receiving emails and that took several goes to sort out, but now it is all fine. Ancestry had got my email address as having been blocked at one point because of a similar confusion so I have to use a different address/login now.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

fmp seem to be busier adding more parish records. and of course the additional newspapers are relentless. I still have not got a method to checking the papers, been a long time since I have trawled through them, would be handy if there was a filter to search through papers added in last 3, 6 or 12 months. BNA offers last 30days, but need something longer than that.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

I have finally got my emails from FMP, for some reason I had to turn them off and on!

I see that Ancestry has some new Norfolk records on 14th August:

and this week FMP has new Welsh records
            https://www.findmypast.co.uk/blog/ne...family-records
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
            X