Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Cousins newsletter - end Apr 2020

https://www.lostcousins.com/newslett...eapr20news.htm

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Discusses why COVID-19 is NOT written on the death certificate as the main cause of death. Great explanation on how the coding on death certs is worked out and why.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Agreed. Read that yesterday and I thought it was well explained. Also a very good reason to be careful with petitions.

Comment

A bit off topic, but I will never forget one of the stupidest petitions I have ever seen. It was for the early release of the 1931 census.. Hundreds of people signed it. I pointed out on forum that the 1931 census was destroyed by fire during WW2. Back came the smart retort, which baffles me to this day -

"World war two didn't start till 1939, you idiot! "

OC

Comment

I suppose the answer to that would be "neither did the fire, you fool!"

the explanation about how death certificates are written and why they are done like that was excellent. A lot different from those we all have from earlier times with 'Act of God' or 'Old Age' as the single cause!
          Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
            A bit off topic, but I will never forget one of the stupidest petitions I have ever seen. It was for the early release of the 1931 census.. Hundreds of people signed it. I pointed out on forum that the 1931 census was destroyed by fire during WW2. Back came the smart retort, which baffles me to this day -

"World war two didn't start till 1939, you idiot! "

OC
            That's a classic LOL

Comment

I meant to add - that article in LC was excellent - I knew that registrars work from a list but hadn't realised the list was used world wide.

OC

Comment

Working...
              X