Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2weis
    replied
    there is a free GIMP download available but when I run it, it doesn't show on my computer, same with cs2
    I may have a computer problem which I will try to get sorted in the next few days
    brian

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Is gimp not free now?

Leave a comment:

• 2weis
    replied
    thank you Carolyn, Julie and grimsqueaker for the suggestions
    I have tried to do the free downloads for both Gimp and CS2 but have been ubsuccesful
    I have googled why and the suggestion is that cs2 is only free if you had an earlier version that no longer worked
    I was able to get paint and will see if it does what I want
    once again thanks to all who assisted me
    brian

Leave a comment:

• Grimsqueaker
    replied
    Adobe Photoshop CS2 Links:

Mac: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...nglish.dmg.bin
    Windows: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...S2_English.exe

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    You can download CS2 for free from Adobe [the newer versions are payg]

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I will say paint is more 'simple' and therefore not as sophisticated, but might do the job. GIMP has loads and loads of features, and therefore more complicated!

Leave a comment:

• 2weis
    replied
    I have downloaded a copy of paint.net and will test it out
    thanks for the advise
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• 2weis
    replied
    Carolyn and chrissie
    thanks for the advise I will look at both programs over the next couple of weeks
    brian

Leave a comment:

• Chrissie Smiff
    replied
    Apparently GIMP is very similar to Photoshop. I had an old Photoshop 7, bought as a DVD that was brilliant and I used it for a few years. I only took it out because the program was so big that it seemed to be slowing down my computer at the time. I got to be quite a dab hand at removing cracks etc and things I didn't want and filling in backgrounds etc. So I assume GIMP does the same.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I use this, but will be honest not used it in depth, seems to have a few features.

Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows.

it is free.

there is also Gimp, another free one, and that has loads of features for fixing photos, but again never fixed photos. just cropped added text etc

Leave a comment:

• 2weis
    started a topic picture software

picture software

I have a lot of photos in old albums that are falling apart
    I want to scan and save the photos to portable hard drives
    I will also need to restore /fix some of the photos and I would like to name the subjects of the photos
    I have looked at photoshop and consider the monthly subs expensive and if you buy outright its only for 12 months
    I am looking at a free download of nch photo editor software but I cant work out if it will allow me to do what I want
    does anyone have any recommendations for any software that has these capabilities
    brian
Working...
X