Can anyone identify the cap-badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify the cap-badge?

John Davison was 22 on the outbreak of the Great War, a miner from County Durham. The name is common so identifying in the various links available the correct 'John Davison' is beyond me! However, I'm fairly confident that this is his photograph. I note that he seems to be wearing spurs which obviously suggests a cavalry unit. I'm wondering if anyone can either identify the cap badge or point me in the direction of a web resource which would help. Many thanks, Ian

MG][/IMG]
    X IannF his mark

Thanks Elaine, looks good. If he was an artillery driver that would explain the spurs...

Ian
    X IannF his mark

Comment

DEFINITLY royal artillary, i served with the royal artillary , it would as suggested horse drawn artillary , which to-day is known as THE ROYAL HORSE ARTILLARY
      my name is mark and for the last three years i have been doing 4 family tree"s, tree 1 is PAGDEN my mothers line, the pagdens(pagdin) start life in gainsbrough, lincs, tree 2 is SPALDING my fathers line , the spaldings also start life in BURGH LE MARSH, lincs, these two familys , my immediate line i have as you see made into two tree"s for research purposes... tree 3 is my family tree which as normal is PAGDEN(PAGDIN)/SPALDING ,

Comment

Originally posted by mark anthony View Post
        DEFINITLY royal artillary, i served with the royal artillary , it would as suggested horse drawn artillary , which to-day is known as THE ROYAL HORSE ARTILLARY
        Many thanks Mark, that's a helpful confirmation.

Ian
        X IannF his mark

Comment

Working...
        X