Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Great Grandparents

Dear all,

I've heard (and seen) great evidence of your photoshopping skills. Anyone fancy tackling this photo of my Great Great Grandparents Michael and Elizabeth Stapleton? It was found, torn in two, in a cupboard in an abandoned ancestral house in Ireland in the 70s and is in need of a great deal of TLC.

Any attempts at clearing it up somewhat would be gratefully appreciated...

Stephen

hope you think this is a little better

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

My feeble attempt.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Alan - very impressive. Thank you for that! Is that a Photoshop job...?

Comment

Jen-ealogy (love the name), cheers for that. I actually really like what you've done there. It's kept a lot of detail of Michael's clothes, which is nice.

One of the problems is that, whereas his clothes don't show the dirt of 100 years so much, his wife's skirt is covered in the stuff. I've always struggled to do much with that myself...

Comment

I am just learning about photo restoration and use Adobe Photoshop Elements 8. The problem when you get rid of so many dirt marks you also loose some of the detail

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

a challenge

Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Roy - a challenge very successfully attempted, I'd say. Thank you.

You've reconstructed the mother's arm very well and the boy's jacket looks good, too!

I might try overlaying this with the original in order to try and get the smoothness of your version with some of the original surviving detail.

All of these attempts have been much better than anything I ever managed!

Comment

your welcome, would be nice if you could submit your final overlay for us to see. although adding noise would probably produce the effect your looking for rather than overlaying with the original.
                  Last edited by rbere; 17-09-10, 00:19.
                  Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Oops, I was about to save the three enhanced versions of the photo but you've already deleted yours, Roy! Any chance you could re-upload it for me?

Many thanks,

Stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen

I tend to upload quite a lot of images to PB which is currently at its limit, so i don't keep them long on FB . I assumed you already had this image so unless i have it somewhere on my hard drive the original may be lost.

I'll post back if i find it
                      Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                      X