Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found loads of nice patterns and brushes just by googling.

Made my own cloud brush yesterday. Who's a clever girl then?:D:D
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Good for you Wendy, If you ever want any photoshop bits that i got just let me know

Comment

You can help with one thing Brian. I found some .png files of floral patterns for Photoshop. How do I get them into Photoshop to be able to use them. Others I have downloaded have been in the .pat file format.
        Wendy

Comment

Thank you for that Brian. Unfortunately I don't know how to turn off visibility :o You are dealing with a twit here you know :D
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie it's the little eye in the layers panel. If there is an eye it is visible, if not it isn't.

Click to toggle it on and off.
            Wendy

Comment

Thanks Wendy I thought it was the eye but I wasn't sure when it was off and on :D
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I had no idea it was referred to as 'visibility' either

OH, who makes my head swirl with technical language, just uses the term 'eye' :(

erm Wendy .. 'toggle' ??? !!!!! :D
                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Toggle just means to switch on or off.:D:D

Think it must be "Computer Speak" as that's what Dave calls it.
                  Wendy

Comment

Wendy png is just another file type. You can change the file type or just right click and open with and choose photoshop...once in photoshop you can make the file pat file. Ask Dave he will know what to do its easy.

Comment

Thanks Brian.
                      Wendy

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                        I just downloaded a 30 day Photoshop CS4 trial. I think it`s fully functional, a big download though- well over 800 MB! I thought it would be better to try and follow the tutorials using the same tools. So far I`ve only tried removing colour cast, but I think they turned out ok.
                        Thanks,
                        Craig

Comment

If you need any help or tips just post it and we will all try to help the best we can

Comment

OMG what a palaver !

Couldn't get any of the patterns I fancied yesterday because they were RAR files and I didn't know how to decompress them

OH has sorted it out and bunged a whole load of other patterns on here do I really need things like Amoeba ? !!! :D

Well, this one is called Clouds ~ haven't a clue why they gave it a name like that

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey
                              Rachel thought I'd put this one you told me about on here so you can see what I've done. No stopping me now!!!!:D:D
                              Wendy
                              Have PMd you

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                                Couldn't get any of the patterns I fancied yesterday because they were RAR files and I didn't know how to decompress them
                                You need Winrar to unzip RAR files, Rachel.
                                Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thanks lorry

OH sorted it out for me using Stuffit (my computer's a Mac)

Comment

This is my first photo restoration for a while, been suffering with RSI in both my hands and arm's and the pain has been to much to do photo restoration.

Heres a 3 part restoration showing the basic's of photo restoration from start to finish in case anyone whats to see how its done. it can be done better but it would take to much time to video:D

YouTube - Photo Restoration of Soldier and Colorize Part 1 New

YouTube - Photo Restoration of Soldier and Colorize Part 2 New

YouTube - Photo Restoration of Soldier and Colorize Part 3 New

Comment

Brian

I've only just looked in on this thread and before I continue to look at your tutorials that you've kindly put up, can you tell me if they would apply to Corel Paint Shop Pro? That's what I've got on here. I've done minimal work with it, but hope watching your tutorials rather than ploughing through the book will be easier.
                                      Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Corel Paint Shop Pro will be different to photoshop

Comment

• YouTube - Old WW1 Scrabooking New 26-02-2013
                                          Last edited by Britec; 26-02-13, 14:08.

Comment

Working...
                                          X