X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
    Very nice Rachel.

I filled mine with the pattern first and then put in the gradient fill.

Will have to have a go the other way.
    Thank you
    That's the way I did the first 2 patterned ones (read that it was how you did yours)
    For the green, blue, yellow one I used my plain 'fabric' (pic 1) added a filter ~ Distort > Glass > Tiny Lens

Then coloured it

Ooooo Have looked at Part 2

That's something else I've never tried ... how exciting

Will somebody PLEASE drag me away !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rachel Scand; 12-04-09, 12:48.
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Britec View Post
      Hi Marion

if you dont want to post the doc on here you can post it to me in private message and i will take a look for you.
      Thanks Brian - will pm you tomorrow.
      There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Hi Brian
        Can you tell me something please? I have been having a go at your Dust removal tutorial and I thought the idea was great but I don't seem to have a history brush tool. I think I have a different version of photoshop to the one in the tutorial. Mine is Photoshop Elements 7.0, can you tell me whether the history brush is called something different in mine or haven't I got one?
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Brian,
          Only just found your tutorials last night, and sat and watched them all in one go. Very impressive stuff mate! Never really given this a go before, but going to attack some pics my mum sent me. They`re so orange, everyone looks like WAGS!
          Craig

Comment

Hi Chrissie
            Brian's light's not on so I'll butt in ;)

OH says he thinks the History Brush only comes with the CS versions of Photoshop.
            It looks like this (I've marked it with a red dot)

Have googled ~ history brush photoshop elements ~ and it doesn't sound as if you'll have it, although it's a bit confusing.
            There's a question asking about simulating the history brush, with elements, but I can't see an answer !!!

(I use CS 2 Premium)
            Last edited by Rachel Scand; 12-04-09, 15:37.
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Rachel. Yes, it doesn't look as though I have it. I have read the answer but it's double dutch to me. I need to be shown everything :D It sounds like a layer thing and I have never really come to terms with how to use them properly. I thought I could manage two when Brian showed that method.

Comment

Chrissie I have Photoshop 7 (not Elements) and I have a History brush. It's in the same place as on Rachel's diagram. i would have thought you'd have it too.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi,
                  Sorry, but aren`t photoshop 7 and photoshop elements 7 different?
                  I`m currently messing around with elements 7 and it seems that its all "auto this" and "auto that", and I can`t find a lot of the tools Brian mentions in his tutorials- and when I do, I need to dig a bit. On my tool bar, the eraser is next to the stamp tool.
                  Craig

Comment

There's no history brush in Elements, but there are workarounds, as explained in this thread: History Brush Workaround? - Elements Village
                    Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Konovolov View Post
                      Hi,
                      Sorry, but aren`t photoshop 7 and photoshop elements 7 different?
                      I`m currently messing around with elements 7 and it seems that its all "auto this" and "auto that", and I can`t find a lot of the tools Brian mentions in his tutorials- and when I do, I need to dig a bit. On my tool bar, the eraser is next to the stamp tool.
                      Craig
                      Yes, they are different. Photoshop 7 is an older version of the full Photoshop program, and Elements 7 is the newest version of Photoshop Elements.
                      There are some good forums for tips & questions specifically about Elements, such as this one: http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/
                      Last edited by Cloggie; 12-04-09, 16:16.
                      Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah, I`ll give that a look-up.
                        Craig

Comment

Its good to see that these tutorials are helping people. I know the sound is not that great but, I need to get a better mic.

Comment

Thanks everyone. It looks as though I shall have to save up for Photoshop

Comment

How to simulate Photoshop’s History brush when using Elements

1. Make a new layer at the top of your layers stack (use the New Layer button at the bottom of the Layers palette, or choose Layer > New > Layer).

2. Press Ctrl-Alt-Shift E to make a merged copy of your docuement on that new layer.

3. Turn off visiblity for that merged layer as you continue to edit the layers below.

4. When you want to add back part of the older version, turn visibility back on and use either the eraser or any of the various masking tricks to reveal that “history” state wherever you need it.

Hope this helps you out Chrissie

Comment

Its good to see that these tutorials are helping people. I know the sound is not that great but, I need to get a better mic.
                                OR we could use headphones (just found some from an old walkman !)
                                and plug them into the computer

Comment

its only seems to be bad sound when I say words with a P or B

Comment

its only seems to be bad sound when I say words with a P or B
                                    Brian
                                    I didn't understand where you found your Victorian Patterns

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 13-04-09, 12:16.

Comment

I found some here Rachel

Victorian - PS Patterns by ~photoshop-stock on deviantART
                                      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Cheers Wendy
                                        Maybe that's what Brian said ;)

Comment

yeah same place Rachel also do a search for floral patterns and you should get some nice stuff.
                                          Giving away all my secrets lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X