Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vivid Pix photo fixing - would anyone like a photo fixing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivid Pix photo fixing - would anyone like a photo fixing?

I have recently invested in VividPix photo software which in one click will improve old and faded photos and documents. It doesn't change the original but saves a new copy so you have both.

I would be very happy to run other people's photos through it if it would help. Obviously I can't deal with huge quantities but if people have the odd one or two now and then I'd be happy to do them.

Here are a couple of examples..

Vivid before and after 1.JPG

Vivid before and after 2.JPG

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-03-21, 09:36.
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

wow that is amazing, I can't think anything I need doing, but will bear in mind, thank you.

Wonder how it performs with newspaper photos.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-03-21, 21:46.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Send me one and I’ll give it a try.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I just remember someone on here wanted one done a while ago, I don't have one ready
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Well, the offer is open any time. I get a lot of help on here and I thought this would be a way to offer help in return.

Comment

Does it colour them too? I have one of my parents taken in a studio following their marriage. There are also couple of other studio ones; my mother aged about 7 and one of her 4 “sisters” taken on the same day. I could email them to you if colouring is an option.

Comment

No, it just sharpens them and fixes the brightness and contrast to make a better image.

i think there is something in one of the software packages that dies colouring, is it My Heritage maybe?

Comment

I took a good discount offer to MyHeritage last month. Dived into the photo tools but was not impressed.
                The colours that were produced were poor. For example there is a B&W photo of hubby as a small boy taken with Santa on the street outside Woolworths. It was taken by a professional. The Santa costume which hubby remembers well as a proper Santa red came out a slightly different shade of grey. The wedding suit that my Mum was wearing was a sort of Loden green and her corsage was pale yellow to match her blouse. My aunt who was at the wedding told me this. The suit also came out a different shade of grey.
                The sharpening tool worked pretty well though.

Comment

this is my grandfather apparently, and is quite a tatty photo, wonder if it would smarten it up?

and this is one of their vehicles

Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

When the software does it's thing it presents 9 options with c=varying degrees of brightness and contrast. Usually the middle one is the best but not always.

I chose one slightly less bright for this one so it didn't lose the top edge of the wagon (great photo isn't it?)
                    Fairford wagon_Vivid_ful.jpg

This one I don't know if it has made much difference. The middle option looked too bright to me so I chose a darker one. I can have another go if you like.

Thomas_lugg_and_Wilson_Lugg_Vivid_ful.jpg

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to switch to the sepia setting. Is this better?

Thomas_lugg_and_Wilson_Lugg_Vivid_ful1.jpg

Comment

the vehicle does look clearer, still can't decide if the 2 lads are the same in both pictures. Thank you.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

I would say that they could be the same boys, they certainly look similar but the wagon picture is quite low resolution, isn't it, so it's hard to see any detail when you zoom in.

Was it low res when you uploaded to your webpage or has Vivid Pix changed it somehow? Do you have the original?

Comment

As an aside, do you know what all the medals are that the boys are wearing?

Comment

I do have the original somewhere, I think I put them in the loft.

I have no idea what the medals are, nor did Mum or her sister that gave me it.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

I did even question if it is indeed my grandfather, as they look maybe poorer than I feel, with buttons missing off the coat. They weren't rich, but at the time the business was probably doing ok.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Maybe sewing on buttons wasn’t a strong point! Or perhaps they just fell off before the photo ?

Comment

My Nan the wife of one of the boys was a knitter, sewer etc, even made her own vests - but maybe it was she that brought those skills into the family!
                                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 26-03-21, 22:56.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                      I do have the original somewhere, I think I put them in the loft.
                                      please don't store photos in the loft, the humidity can damage them.
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am actually not sure where I have put them, I did look for them the other day. Doh!
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X