Street Party with commemoration mugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Party with commemoration mugs

I have two of these in a box of memorabilia belonging to my husband's grandfather and the woman he left his family for that has recently come back into the family, we have no idea of the location, it's not the village where my husband's grandfather lived before he decamped and as his illegitimate son was born in Aug 1935 in Dulwich it may be in that area.

Everyone has some sort of commemorative mug so I suspect it is either George V's jubilee in 1935 or George VI's coronation in 1937. Any thoughts? Both are signed Harry Bradley but googling hasn't turned anything up for him yet. What do you think?

I had forgotten that OH's grandad is on the electoral roll so have confirmed the location as St Aidan's Road, Dulwich.

Comment

Is there an historical society for the area? They may know about it - if not, they may like a copy of the photo!

Comment

I will look into it, but will wait until I've scanned the album that is with it in case something else turns up.

Comment

what a great photo
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
          X