Photo scanning app.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo scanning app.

I thought I would mention a phone app that I have been trying out today. It’s called PhotoScan by Google but I don’t think you don’t need to be using google to use the app. Basically it uses your phone camera to make a digital image of photos. I have a few albums from the 1950s and 60s where the photos are glued in so it would be difficult and time consuming to put them into a conventional scanner. Using the app you point the camera at the photo as if you were taking a picture then it gives you 4 white marks to align it correctly and a few seconds later you have a nice image saved on your phone, straightened with no glare or reflections. So far I’m quite impressed by how quick and easy it was to work my way through 50+ photos in an old album without having to take them out one by one.
    Here's an example bearing in mind that 1950s photos are not great in the first place - my first appearance on film with my mother and older sister
    3B12EC9A-726C-4503-811D-A2EAF40A0C5E.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

ooh will have to investigate
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Will look at that one thanks. I have two apps on myiPad. One callled PictoScanner and the other is a Microsoft one called OfficeLens.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
        Will look at that one thanks. I have two apps on myiPad. One callled PictoScanner and the other is a Microsoft one called OfficeLens.
        How good do you find them? I haven’t tried any others.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Working...
        X