unknown soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown soldier

Can any of you experts out there identify this chaps regiment please. Also do you think his uniform is WW1?
    Regards Tony

Whoops, well that didn't work!
    Last edited by Tony Cummings; 08-11-08, 13:36. Reason: no picture!

The Cap badge is Royal Artillery I think. WWI era or very shortly after.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-11-08, 13:42.

Comment

Looks very much like my Dad's cap Badge. He was in the Royal Artillery in WWII.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Richard and Wendy, we are trying to work out the identity of this soldier,definitely one of the wifes rellys, but which one!! Regards Tony

Comment

Without trying to promote another Forum, I found that the people on this site are a whizz on uniforms and cap badges, etc from WW1.
          Great War Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk
          Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Cheers Keldon, will have a look at GWF.

Comment

Yes - I recognise the GWF site as being full of experts - helpful ones, too, I gather - on WW1.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

He looks smarter than the RA soldiers in our Costume Gallery, that cap is very crisp looking.

Comment

Working...
                X