No announcement yet.

How do I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrissie, you are always welcome to come over to Malvern and have a look at my programmes.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
      Chrissie, you are always welcome to come over to Malvern and have a look at my programmes.

I just might take you up on that one ( do you really know what your letting yourself in for) :D
      www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
      http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

Chrissie, just going for meal but I'll PM you my phone and address.
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I cannot stop myself going sideways, forwards and backwards. I have mostly exhausted my direct ancestors, so I play with their brothers and sisters.

This often produces interesting links to previous generations, so I never feel it is wasted effort.

OC

Comment

If I could I would like to get every line up to the present day.

Don't need to get my head round it, the genealogy program does that.

The problem being that if you do manage to get somewhere with living rellies they don't always respond to contact.

Comment

I'm like OC, if I find a sibling then I find their kids and then theirs and so it goes on

I still think I am the only person in the world researching these names as know else seem to be :(

going to have to go for awhile as dinner is now ready, in the words of Arine I'll be back
              Last edited by Chrissy Confused; 06-01-08, 18:29.

Comment

I think we all succumb in the end. You start off with direct ancestors, and then you find that you want to know about grandfather's siblings (after all, the fact that his eldest sister was knocked down and killed by a runaway cart just a few days after her 11th birthday must have affected the family big time). Then you find that a couple of brothers married women with the same surname. Are they sisters? Yes, so then you do their tree. You find their brother was in the same trade as their husbands - maybe this is how they met.

Before you know it, you are looking for the stepchildren of the mother-in-law of your gt gt uncle's 3rd wife - no connection at all to you really, but you have to know!
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Its true what they say "YOU NEVER FINISH YOUR FAMILY TREE" there always someone else out there for you to find :D

Comment

I am not one for fiddling around with things (unlike some I know).

know what you mean dont know why they do that get into all sorts of trouble

Comment

You should cos you're the one who fiddles

Comment

Working...
                      X