Cannot find marriage or death certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find marriage or death certificate

Can anyone suggest why there is no marriage or death certificate for Helen Watson born 1914 South Shields, Durham

she married Charles AH Stenman c1935 Durham or Northumberland and died 1941/42 Northumberland. I cannot find records for her under Watson or Stenman.

Even if they did not marry there would have been a death certificate for Helen Watson but I cannot find anything.

any suggestions please

Sheila
    Searching For Pillar, Nichol, Soppitt, Cryle, Wilson, Dixon, Selby.

Sheila - can you just confirm whether or not you have searched through the complete images, quarter by quarter / year by year, or whether you have just checked on freeBMD?
    Elaine

Comment

How do you know she died 1941/2? Is it possible she married someone else, or changed her surname before her marriage?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I think maybe you only checked freeBMD. You need to check the complete images for anything past 1910'ish.

Marriage 1935 2nd quarter
        Charles Stenman / Helen Watson
        South Shields volume 10a, page 1784
        Elaine

Comment

possible death

1941 1st quarter
          Helen Stenman aged 26
          Nthmbld S volume 10b page 532
          Elaine

Comment

Well done Elaine!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thank you so much, especially Elaine. I do just check the Freebmd. I will remember to check the lists in future.

once again thank you.

Sheila

Comment

Hello - me again, I know i have checked the lists before, as I can remember sitting for ages going through pages and pages but cannot for the life of me remember how to get into the lists. :o More help need please.

sheila

Comment

Go to Ancestry (presuming that is you have a subscription)

Genealogy and Family History Records - Ancestry.co.uk
                  Click on the HOME tab
                  Scroll down and just above the list of censuses, click on GO DIRECTLY TO UK BIRTH, MARRIAGE AND DEATH RECORDS

Select the top section
                  Complete BMD Index ranges & Images 1837-1983
                  Click on births/marriages or deaths - enter a name and year - and then view each quarter.

- but you do need an Ancestry subscription to view these.
                  Elaine

Comment

Elaine, once again thank you. I have ancestry world wide and so I am fine with this. have not done a great deal on the tree for a little while now as I have been so busy and I cannot believe I forgot where to get the information.

Sheila

Comment

Working...
                    X