Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of old pubs?

Hi

my nan and grandad owned a lot of pubs in their time and unfortunatly two have been torn down and one is unrecognisable (im not sure thats a bad thing either!:D) but id like to find some photos of them. Is there anywhere that is likely to have photos of the pubs? I have tried googling their names but nothing comes up, is there a brewery website or something that might have any?

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

I would think that your best bet would be to see if the place in question has a site similar to Images of Derby Derbyshire Nottingham Nottinghamshire old and new

or maybe a local history society could help.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi,
      This site is good for pubs in London/Essex and other South East counties London, Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, Suffolk & Sussex Pubs, Inns, Taverns & Beer Houses History & Trade Directory.
      Margaret

Comment

Thanks so much both, typically mine is Hampshire!
        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Robyne - do you know if a particular brewery owned or supplied it? Or was it a freehouse.

Round here (Berkshire) a lot of them were Simonds (then Courage) breweries places - and the main Library has got records of a lot of them....... perhaps Hampshire may have been the same breweries? After all Hants is next to Berks. so it's quite possible.
          Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

My nan and grandad owned the last place they were in, but the other two they were managers so i guess they were brewery owned. I might give my nan a ring later and see if she remembers. Im trying to get photos together for a book im creating for her 70th next year so dont want to give away too much
            Robyne

Comment

What are the names of the pubs and in what towns were they Lens?

Comment

Robyne,

have you had a look in the wiki?

Hampshire - Family Tree Forum

click on that link and scroll towards the bottom, you will see a photography section. (see below)

Maps and Photographs
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hampshire archives or a local history centre may have photos and other information. If you haven't found them by googling, remember pubs sometimes changed their names.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

leodis (leeds) also a site you could see old pubs brenda xxx

Comment

this might be of some help Brewery History Society - Hampshire: Defunct Brewery Livery

Comment

Working...
                      X