No announcement yet.

Panic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh! That's useful Mary. Thank you!!!

Anne

Comment

hmmm that site posted by Mary doesn't seem to work. Clicked on a few surname initials and got message "Not In Archive"

Jane

Comment

It seems to work for batch numbers, but I don't think it works for the Middle Names part of the site.

Comment

Jane, if you paste the batch number into Family search yourself you can get there!

Anne

Comment

Isn't it a pity that he can't access the site to update it?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I suppose that as a general rule, if you host pages which seem to have viruses, it is best to block access from their creators unless you trust them! But you would think Ancestry should trust Hugh Wallis, though.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The site seems to be working again now.

Comment

Where can you put county in?

All I get is state as it is a US site?

Joanie

Comment

If you are using Family Search the you have to choose International Genealogy Index in the left column and then you can choose British Isles and then the Counties you want.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Where are you looking, Joan?

This is the Hugh Wallis site - if you're interested in English counties, you click on England and then choose the county you want:

Hugh Wallis's Genealogical Web Sites

Comment

It's back, hurray (thanks Mary!)

OC

Comment

I did worry that it was going to be absorbed into a pay site....... Actually I worry alot about that such as once Free BMD is complete and in Ancestry will they take the Free BMD off line............:(

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                            I did worry that it was going to be absorbed into a pay site....... Actually I worry alot about that such as once Free BMD is complete and in Ancestry will they take the Free BMD off line............
                            I think there would be serious problems with that. Even if they've set it up in such a way that it would be legal, it would be so unethical to appropriate the volunteer work that's been done that they would have a great deal of trouble explaining themselves as being linked with a legitimate religion.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

use this like back working now ;;;

Counties in England
                              borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                                I did worry that it was going to be absorbed into a pay site....... Actually I worry alot about that such as once Free BMD is complete and in Ancestry will they take the Free BMD off line............:(

Peppie, if ancestry withdrew funding and any facilities which they currently provide from FreeBMD's own site and tried to force everyone to use ancestry to search the FreeBMD datbase (which you can search free on ancestry anyway) then I am absolutely certain that the owners of FreeBMD would just take it away from ancestry completely. But I'm sure ancestry have no plan to do anything like that anyway.
                                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I have just heard this site is still infected and someone picked up 4 trojans last night so be careful ;;;
                                  borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                                    If you are using Family Search the you have to choose International Genealogy Index in the left column and then you can choose British Isles and then the Counties you want.

Thanks Wendy I never knew that I just always put in the info in the boxes on search :o

Thanks Mary, I use the Hugh Wallis site but never knew of the facility on Familysearch!

Joanie

Comment

Working...
                                    X