Last ditch attempt to find Daniel East 1861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last ditch attempt to find Daniel East 1861

Please can anyone find Daniel East on the 1861 census? We know quite a lot about him but would love to find him in 1861!! :(

He is on the 1871 in Ham, Surrey with his wife Sarah and children Henry, George and John A East. He is also on the 1881 census in Ham.

Daniel East, born about 1831 in Roke/Rokemarsh, Benson, OXF and his wife Sarah Ann, nee Parratt, born 1834 in Ham, Surrey.
    They were married in Kingston, Surrey in 1858.

Sarah's parents, Robert and Louisa Parratt are living in Richmond Rd, Ham in 1861, which is where Daniel is in 1871. A cousin of Daniel's (Thomas East also born in Rokemarsh) is also in Ham on the 1861.......

.....But where is Daniel?????

Thanks for trying!
    Anne

what was his father and mother called?

Comment

when did he and sarah marry?

Comment

Daniel's father was John East, born about 1800 in Benson. His mother Maria died in 1839 but his father remarried a Mary in 1840.

Daniel and Sarah Ann Parratt married in 1858 (I did put that in the first post :D)

Anne

Comment

I don't suppose he could have been in the part of Egham that's missing from the 1861? Not really that near to Ham, though.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It certainly looks as if he is missing, Kite! I have tried everything I know of in the search boxes, including trawling through ALL the Daniels married to a Sarah - result ZERO :(

Anne

Comment

I suppose you have looked under DAVID as well??
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie, I trawled through all the East names of this approximate age from Aaron to Zachariah! I really do think he and his wife are missing from this census. I did come accross a torn census page in my searches - only the names were missing :(:( but I could see the birthplaces and he wasn't there. Maybe its something similar to that.

Thanks to everyone who looked - you were my last chance, just in case I had missed a trick!!

Anne xx

Comment

Bit of a long shot but was Daniel's birthplace ever given as Benson.

There is a Ann East born c1861 in Benson, Oxfordshire on the 1861 census. She is a servant in Reading St Giles, Berkshire. I was wondering if whoever gave the details said Dan & the census taker mistook him for Ann.

I've had a quick look for Ann & nothing jumps out at me. You obviously know the area better so you might find her but if not it's a possibility.

Best wishes
                  Liz

Comment

Thanks for that thought, Liz. Its true I did mostly look at male names and hadn't thought of Ann/Dan.

Unfotunately Daniel had a sister Ann and I believe the one you found was her. Thanks for trying - much appreciated!

Anne

Comment

Working...
                    X