Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but could I have another lookup please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but could I have another lookup please?

I'm sorry about this, trying to get as much info I can for a visit to parish records

1841 Middx John Gibbins c1801 - family & address please?
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Would the civil parish be St Marylebone?

and with wife Ann age 35?
    Joy

Comment

John 40
      Ann 35
      William 15
      Mary 11
      Thomas 6
      Jane 2
      John 1

Address 9 Seymour Place.
      Fiona. xx

Comment

Sorry not sure. 1851 living Islington.
        I don't have membership for ancestry but saw John Gibbins born Middx c1801
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

John Gibbins 40 Carpenter No
          Ann Gibbins 35 No
          William Gibbins 15 Yes
          Mary Gibbins 11 Yes
          Thomas Gibbins 6 Yes
          Jane Gibbins 2 Yes
          John Gibbins 1 Yes

9 Seymour Place Marylebone

Comment

Hi Jean, if it's the John I found on your other thread in 1851 with wife Sarah and children Eliza and Caroline there doesn't seem to be a match in 1841 but I have noticed that wife Sarah and children Caroline and Eliza do match the Byan found on the other thread for 1841.
            Fiona. xx

Comment

I agree, doesn't look like the same one.
              The problem I am trying to sort out is Caroline Gibbins 1837 married George Dennison 31/7/1855 Shoreditch - cert says father John
              then she marries James Thomas Peddar 1875 Islington - cert says father Byan.

trying to decide if John & Byan are the same person as on 1841 & 1851 census.
              Jean

Comment

Right, so she uses both names on her marriage certificates and looking at the censuses for 1841/1851 they might be the same man??
                Fiona. xx

Comment

Yep thats about it!
                  going to sons for the day Saturday and hope to get a trip to the library in Uxbridge to clarify the situation
                  Jean

Comment

In 1861 the daughter Jane from the 1851 census born Uxbridge is living with mother Sarah 60 at 2 Whitehall Court, Islington. They are down as Gubbins and Sarah is a Widow.
                    Last edited by fiona c; 03-01-08, 23:00.
                    Fiona. xx

Comment

Thank you for that. Hopefully I will be able to sort it out on Saturday - snow and train delays permitting:D:D
                      Jean

Comment

Working...
                      X