Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 3rd January 2008 is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never be embarrassed, we have all been there, glad to hear you have done so well.
    Did you ever find the info on William?
    Last edited by Guest; 28-12-17, 20:39.

Comment

Hi, yes I did, thank you for asking. Reading back on the posts I was barking up the wrong tree. My William Oscar Lake came from Gorlstone on Sea, joined the army and served in Rawlpindi, India where his first daughter was born. I have his Army record which says he served right up until his first wife Edith died of a brain hemorrhage and reached the level of Regimental Sargeant Major Ellen Cripps was looking after the two daughters while he was serving his notice and while his wife was ill. I can only assume she was a friend of the family. I found passenger lists showing them travelling to and fro to Australia, when he was in this country he owned a couple of fish & chip shops. He lived at Roding Lane, Woodford, Essex until his death in 1959.
      Last edited by obarean; 29-12-17, 11:57.
      www.treamer.tribalpages.com
      interested in treamer, trimmer, downing, lake, spruhen/spruhan

Comment

glad you found what you needed good luck.

Comment

Thank you, haven't had a lot of time to go through a lot of my info, had a crisis a few years ago made the mistake of keeping all my info in a box in the conservatory. In the winter the pipes froze and the washing machine flooded taking lots of the prints I'd made turning them into mush :( I retrieved as much as I could and have slowly been building the information back up. Big learning curve, now stored in a plastic container in the living room. Little things are sent to try us and all that

Comment

how awful think I may have given up, so good on you for persevering.

Comment

I nearly did

Comment

Working...
              X