No announcement yet.

Can u find this elusive relly? please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi KR We found Sheila Isabel Teffer and Isabel Noel Teffer born 1906 Kensington 1a.98 Dec. qtr. Sheila's grandson (for whom I am doing a FT) says there was talk that Sheila was a twin and that the twin was adopted around 4 yrs of age. Sheila's marriage cert gives her father as William Thomas Baker and I found a marriage for WilliamT Baker and Eleanor Teffer in 1917.(was she the mother of the twins?) Could 1909 be the adoptive registration???? Hope that all makes sense KR

rosy

Comment

Rosy, as I understand it the adoption register is totally separate from the births register.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Clutching at straws comes to mind LOL . My birth was registered in 1938 when I was born, in Ma's maiden name ,then in 1939 after she married my Pa, in his name. That's why I clutched at the straw!!!!

rosy

Comment

I sent for the birth certs and hey presto: the mystery solved. Sheila Isabel Teffer born 11.10pm and Isabel Noel teffer born 11pm.13th October 1906 mother Eleanor M Teffer, who married Baker in 1917.
          Just have to find/verify what happened to Isabel Noel.

sunny rosy

Comment

UPDATE on elusive relly.Sheila Isabel and Isabel Noel Teffer

(QUOTE=Sunny Rosy;1424714]I am looking for Albert Charles Baker born 1899, not known where, his father was George Frederick Baker, a farmer ,(on his marriage cert in 1928). He died in 1956 aged 56 in Devon. Also his wfe Sheila Isobel Baker (maiden name) her father was given as William THomas Baker a plumber, they were married in Bexhill,Sussex on Dec 22 1928. I would very much appreciate any help with these two. Thanks )

UPDATE page 3

rosy[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
            X