Which parish ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which parish ?

Can someone tell me which Parish in Liverpool the following church would be located:-

Our Lady & St. Nicholas.

Kathlyn

I thought we'd established that it was a Parish Church itself? It certainly shows up as such in the 1989/90 Crockford's I've got.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I looked up the Rector's address, and the postcode was L8 3SA, which seems to be Dingle. Near Princes Park. South of the Centre.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine,

Thanks for your interest in my problem. First I will apologise for being a bit on the thick side, but I have had soooo many problems with my great grandparents that I could screem.

I went onto the LancsBMD and found the marriage I am interested in, but it gives the church as "St. Peters". I am sure this is "my" marriage as I do not think that two couples with the same names would be marrying in the same year.

I think I should have taken up shark hunting, as I am sure it would have been less painful than this hobby lol lol

Kathlyn

Comment

Our Lady and St Nicholas is the present parish church. It has a chapel which commemorates the old Parish church of St Peter, which stood on another site and no longer exists.

The two parishes were amalgamated in 1916, according to Wikipedia.

OC

Comment

List of Liverpool churches here:

GENUKI: Liverpool, Lancashire genealogy

gives Our Lady & St Nicholas as C of E, in Chapel Street [which I think is where Brian Epstein had his record shop]

St Peter is in Church Street.

There are links to further info about them both.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
            X