Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 2nd October 2008 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
    Sorry, Mike, I thought I'd already asked this but see I didn't - who were the witnesses at Joseph and Mary Ann's wedding, please?
    They were married at St Johns Waterloo Road The same road is given as a place of residence.
    The witnesses were John Lawrance & Frances Ann Naylor (Nayler)
    Regards Mike

Comment

Have you found them on the 1841 yet Bristol Boy?

Comment

There are serveral john Lawrances on the 1841 census one probable (worked in the printing trade as did Joseph. How will this help me ? Can't find Frances Ann

Comment

It will probably only help if they are related to either the bride or groom, but looking at the marriages on FreeBMD I couldn't see a Frances Ann Day or Foley marrying a Naylor or a John Lawrance marrying a Day or Foley, so they may just have been friends of the family or something.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by angela32nd View Post
            is your Joseph on the 1841 with his father William living in St James Clerkenwell?
            I found it on the first try so think this is too easy!!
            It says William Fowley aged 40 Joseph aged 21 both varnishers. Keeping my fingers crossed.
            Hi Bristol Boy
            did you see my post about Joseph on the 1841 census?

Comment

That's a coincidence - OH has a William Day who was a Lithographic printer in Marylebone aged 77 on 1901 census.
              Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

congratulations brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by angela32nd View Post
                  Hi Bristol Boy
                  did you see my post about Joseph on the 1841 census?
                  Yes The occupations don't match with what I know, but have't discounted them.
                  I'm begining to think that my Foley ancestors were aliens who visted London from another world in the 1840s & decided to stay.
                  More serious I would like to thank the forum for this chance & all the people who have tried to help me with this brickwall.
                  THANKYOU ALL Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X