No announcement yet.

Great forum, any help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put quotes around her name on the Google search and it found nothing, then there may be nothing that you can find via Google, but it is worth trying variations on her name, for instance "Gertrude A Dyer" or "Dyer Gertrude Amy" etc.

The little pair of glasses works o.k. for me on FreeBMD and the entry on the index image is Births Jun 1899: DYER Gertrude Amy Portsea 2b 432. What are you trying to find out about her?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
      If you put quotes around her name on the Google search and it found nothing, then there may be nothing that you can find via Google, but it is worth trying variations on her name, for instance "Gertrude A Dyer" or "Dyer Gertrude Amy" etc.

The little pair of glasses works o.k. for me on FreeBMD and the entry on the index image is Births Jun 1899: DYER Gertrude Amy Portsea 2b 432. What are you trying to find out about her?
      Great idea i will try different variations, i thought it might have her address or some details on her regards parents, thanks again for you're time, this forum is very helpful and it's much appreciated from me!

Comment

You would need to order her birth certificate to see the address and parents' names - all you see on the index is the references that you need for ordering the certificate. By the way, if the glasses link didn't work, it could be that you have a popup blocker?
        KiteRunner

Comment

How long do the Certs take to arrive?

Comment

If you order them from the GRO, it is very roughly about a week, but it is probably a bit longer at the moment because more people are ordering them (because of Who Do You Think You Are on telly!)
            KiteRunner

Comment

hello and a warm welcome brenda xxxx

Comment

Hi I too am a newbie....what a fantastic site....I spent a couple of hours last night having a good luck....well done to all that contribute. The main names I'm interested in at the moment are Burrows from Gloucester and Whittle from Leicester

Comment

Hi Lois, and welcome to FTF.

You can find a lot of information in our Wiki (reference library):

England - Family Tree Forum

Click on the name of the county you're interested in.

If you have any specific questions, start a separate thread on this board (so we don't hijack Myroots' thread )

Mary (originally from Leics)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post

If you have any specific questions, start a separate thread on this board (so we don't hijack Myroots' thread )

:D:D

Comment

Working...
                    X