Cornish Parish Registers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornish Parish Registers

Firstly,a big thankyou to Christine,from Hertfordshire,for the help shes given me so far.
    Can anyone tell me where i can get the Parish registers for Mevagissey,Cornwall,Births/Baptisms/Marriages/Burials on Cd.
    Had a look on S&N,but the Phillmores marriage 1-26 set doesent mention Mevagissey,any help please,Dave.

Hello Dave and welcome. If you post your question on the Research Qs and As thread I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Comment

I´ve moved this to the Research Qs and As.
      Hopefully someone will be able to help you Dave.
      Elaine

Comment

Dave

I'm delighted to have helped.

I can't remember - did you say you'd looked at this site?
        Mevagissey Parish Records

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

parish records

Hi Christine,yes i did look at that site thanks,but just wondered if there may of been anymore information on cd.
          Yes,i think the site is brilliant,its where i contacted a Mr Whatty,who took some photos of some tombstones for me,before i visted Mev.
          You may of noticed a tombstone in Mevagissey Graveyard for a Barron,who it said died at Gibralter in 1895,i beleive one of my great uncles,anyway,took about 5 years to find out he died there and was buruid there in Gibralter,at a young age,he was a ships Carpenter.
          I then managed to get his death certificate from Gibralter,which was very sad,him not coming back to Mevagissey.
          I just wonder how many people would of known this,whilst looking at his tombstone!

Comment

Thank you very much,very kind

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
              Hello Dave and welcome. If you post your question on the Research Qs and As thread I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
              All sorted i think,thankyou

Comment

Working...
              X