Mary Robinson (wife) b abt 1817 Flixton M/C
    Ellen Robinson (Dau) b abt 1841 Newton Heath M/C
    Elizabeth Robinson (Dau) b abt 1853 M/C
    George Robinson b 1858 Newton Heath M/C

I've been able to find the following

Isaiah Robinson btm 26/03/1809 IGI C020822 f George m Elizabeth
    Isaiah dies in 1861

Mary Robinson marries a George Cooper in 1868 at St James Waterfoot Lanc's
    1871 census has Elizabeth Robinson down as Step daughter, Mary isn't on this census, Mary dies in June 1873 reg. at Haslingden Lanc's

Ellen Robinson marries George Tomlinson 1864 at M/C Catherdral and I have them on the 1871 census.

Elizabeth Robinson btm 17/07/1853 IGI C073543
    I have her in 1871 as above and I have all later info on her as she is my 2xGmother.

George Robinson btm 25/10/1857 IGI C073544, in 1871 he is lodging with his sister Ellen as above.

That's the info I have so far, but I'm missing a few key things which I need help with.

I can't find Isaiah/Mary marriage,so I don't know her Maiden Name
    I can't find the birth reg's of either Ellen or Elizabeth
    I found another George Robinson with Isaiah & Mary as parents btm 07/07/1850 IGI C073542, but can't find any deaths for him in the period 1850/7
    I found a birth for a George William Robinson in Ardwick 1857, did Newton Heath come under Ardwick??
    Nor can I find this family prior to 1861.

The large gap between Ellens birth and Elizabeths did make me wonder if Mary was married before and was widowed and Isaiah took on Ellen as his own.

Any help appreciatedhttp://www.familytreeforum.com/images/smilies/confused1bb.gif

L

Are Newton in Manchester and Newton Heath the same place?

If they are then you need a Manchester District birth for George. (Where is Ardwick? I've not heard of that.....there's Alnwick district in Northumerland )

Births Jun 1857
    Robinson George Manchester 8d 296
    Robinson George Thomas Manchester 8d 148

Births Mar 1858
    Robinson George Manchester 8d 235
    Robinson George Martin Manchester 8d 149

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
      If they are then you need a Manchester District birth for George. (Where is Ardwick? I've not heard of that.....there's Alnwick district in Northumerland )
      Manchester.
      *Let's have a whip-round for an atlas or geography lessons for Merry*
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I thought L was saying it was the name of a registration district, but there isn't one called Ardwick. I wasn't trying to find it as an actual place.

Comment

Ardwick is a district of Manchester. My rellies from Newton or Newton Heath were registered in Prestwich
          PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
            Ardwick is a district of Manchester. My rellies from Newton or Newton Heath were registered in Prestwich
            Prestwich district wasn't invented until 1874 I think before that it was Manchester district.

Comment

Hi All
              Ardwick is a district of Manchester and Newton Heath is a couple of miles or so down the road, why I picked up on Ardwick was that I got the following info from Lanc's BMD:

Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's MN

ROBINSON George William Ardwick Manchester

I found that they moved districts around in Manchester so often I get completly lost as to which office covers what area.

Thanks for the births Merry, where were they at

L

Comment

Working...
              X