Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Pigott (or sometimes Piggot or Piggott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis Pigott (or sometimes Piggot or Piggott)

I have traced back to my 6xGt Grandfather Francis Pigott who married in December 1688 and died in 1704. This has been confirmed by two different sources including archive material from the Temple Church and the Royal Archives so despite other material saying 1740 I'm content with 1704.

However I need help and advice please.

How do I go back from him and get a proper fix on when he was born and who his father and mother are?

Would the details of his wedding to Anne Pelling hold information on his father and where he was from prior to marrying in Windsor? (Marriage Licences Issued by the Faculty Office, 1632-1714 05 Dec 1688 *Pigott, Francis Pelling, Anne)

There appears to be discrepanices in the information different branches of the family hold. I could post them up but it would take 5 photos but if you think it would help I'm happy to.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

I am in awe that you've got that far back!

Not sure what info marriage licences have, but again you never know until you look.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i wouldn't expect to much the farther you get back. they tended to just give the basic information. though it should give you the parish he's from.

Comment

Working...
      X