No announcement yet.

John S Mussell Should be dead !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Everyone It's Jan:1st here now,I have a bit of a head well a big one really, but I had to see what has happened over night, I do feel a bit of a twit as Lyn said about wood and tree's very good when you think about it LOL ----despatatch date 7th from the GRO for Violet then 7 to 14 days snail mail to me, not tooooo long to wait
    Thanks again
    Sheila;)
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

• Happy new year Sheila , may all your dreams come true in 2008, and all your Handcombs marry Flints, and be eternally happy, not go shoving their head in the gas oven!
      Jess

Comment

• Jess I forgot to say that " I know all about her " now. Aunt P went into a great saga about her Violet ,( on the phone last night ) but she was talking about what happened in WW2 ,and I thought I had hit " pay Dirt " but no ,,I thought it funny, Well you have to laugh That's the man Jess at least he could back then :p now I must find the inquest report. I really must, don't you think ???
        Sheila

Off "over the road " to see what I can find ,Ta Muchly
        Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 31-12-07, 20:25.

Comment

• I'd hang on and check you have the right man first - leave the inquest bit until we are sure. we cant go killing off peoples parents with gas oven suicides until we are certain we have got the right bloke!

Wouldnt we have looked silly if we'd have sent a message saying we were related to the John Mussell that gassed himself ''he was your father I believe''

PMSL!
          Jess

Comment

• O K Jess

Comment

• HI Sheila

I agree with Jess, wait and see what that Handscombe to Flint marriage cert shows you. After all we don't really know whose out there Googling and you may have a family relation reading this thread right now. We don't want to 'spook' anyone just yet.

WendyP

Comment

• Crikey, I've just read throught this thread. what sterling work you have done Jess & Merry
                Lynn

Comment

• Hi Jess and all that helped me with this Chap ~~~~~~~~ waves to all--:D WELL the Postman called today with the GRO Wedding certificate and guess what Jess ????? You were right:o
                  Violet Mary Edith Handscomb did marry Robert Henry Flint in 1950 he died in Croydon in 1954 now it's off again to the GRO this time for his death certificate so then I'll be able to lay this to rest- Then I'll try thre Coroner's Office in Croydon. I'll let you all kno IF and WHY he stuck his head in the gas oven
                  Thanks again
                  Sheila

Comment

• Great news Sheila. Glad it is sorted! Look forward to hearing what really happened to him!

Well done to the super sleuths!!

Comment

• I saw this thread back at the top, and clicked on it with trepidation.
                      I am so glad we were right - sorry that sounds wrong - what I mean is.....

After all that work, i'd have been miffed if it was wrong.

please tell me the fathers name matches too
                      Last edited by Jessbowbag; 15-01-08, 07:04.
                      Jess

Comment

• Good to hear it's sorted.

Comment

• Jess It is a match with bell's on . Albert Victor Eaton Handscomb Father ---Violet Mary Edith Handscomb Daughter age 24----Robert Henry Flint age 28 Married when you said ----next question, How do I find outabout the Inquest ????? Please
                          Sheila

Comment

• Tell You what- I am impressed with the delivery time - 15 days , bank holiday in between too - then all the way to Australia - impressive
                            Jess

Comment

• Inquest records are closed for 75 years, so you will have to try the local newspapers.

Comment

• Thank you Merry
                                Jess --- in some cases it is good being " Down Under " and this is one time it pays off ,7 to 10 days from you to me so to speak
                                Sheila

Comment

• HI

As others have said, glad its sorted. I enjoyed rereading th is thread as I had forgotten what is was initially about.
                                  WendyP

Comment

Working...
                                  X