No announcement yet.

John S Mussell Should be dead !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Jess. I have had a reply about Tuneful 's Tony ? it was not him as he opened his tree to me but with 3 people on it , it was hard to tell if not for his e-mail . I will send the rest of my day thinking what to do next. I did find out from Croydon ( over night ) and that the comment about John and the gas oven came from Violet's brother, it was said to my Aunt in front of a room full of other people,my cousin remember it being said (she is 40 years old )when we do not know, so now it is fact ???:o
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

Or a story that is perpetuated as fact -:D

I just dont know any more.

I have looked and looked for re- marriages of Violet.
      All the Mussell activity is very static geographically - in a belt from Surrey to Sussex coast/ a Bournemouth Blob/ Liverpool area /and a bit in Herefordshire.

Nothing in Hertfordshire except Your wedding - did you say you have the cert By The Way?
      Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
        Thank you Jess. I have had a reply about Tuneful 's Tony ? it was not him as he opened his tree to me but with 3 people on it , it was hard to tell if not for his e-mail . I will send the rest of my day thinking what to do next. I did find out from Croydon ( over night ) and that the comment about John and the gas oven came from Violet's brother, it was said to my Aunt in front of a room full of other people,my cousin remember it being said (she is 40 years old )when we do not know, so now it is fact ???:o
        Sheila

Wasn't Tony only on the tree of someone called Anne or Anna? She didn't have his wife on her tree, so she may not know much...I didn't see him on his own tree.

Comment

Jess Merry and all
          I have found John Samuel Mussell born 14 Aug: 1913 died Brighton 1982 aged 69 Thank you all for the hard work you have put in for me But My Aunt still says he died that way so it is off to the GRO,,, Well next week I will
          Merry ---- Tuneful's husband was not on GR but 3 or 4 other's from Brighton with the same name were, so I sent them a message
          Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila from Down Under View Post
            Jess Merry and all
            I have found John Samuel Mussell born 14 Aug: 1913 died Brighton 1982 aged 69 Thank you all for the hard work you have put in for me But My Aunt still says he died that way so it is off to the GRO,,, Well next week I will
            Merry ---- Tuneful's husband was not on GR but 3 or 4 other's from Brighton with the same name were, so I sent them a message
            Sheila

He cannot have stuck his head in the oven and gassed himself-UK had natural gas by that time and it was impossible.

Just after the war then ...Falklands war maybe?

there was someone called Anna that had A------ G------- in her tree.

if your cousin was 20 odd,she'll remeber him dying I should think, not the story of how he died
            Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-12-07, 04:27.
            Jess

Comment

Hi Jess I am about to ring the UK so I will let you know what I can drag from them. No I have not got any of their certificates but I will. It should take about 2 weeks form the date I ask on line
              Sheila
              Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 30-12-07, 09:53.

Comment

I am not sure if this family story helps or not. We were told that one of our cousins was gassed in the war and sure enough when we checked in the nineties on the Commonwealth War Graves Site there was an entry stating that he had been gassed in the war as we expected. Further on in our research we found a marriage and a child by someone of the very same distinctive name. Now as there are only about 200 people in this country with this name descended from 1 person we thought it might be another cousin. Well all certs were ordered the family tree scrutinised and other relatives contacted. It turned out that it was this man and yes he had been gassed but had survived but was 'very simple' after the incident.
                Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

But this bloke had a daughter with his wife in 1950, Pippa , so clearly he came home - must have done a flit then I suppose- shall be interested to hear the story , when eventually it evolves.
                  I do hope the right man is named as Violets father on the marriage cert, when eventually you get it
                  Jess

Comment

I hate to fling an almighty spoke in the works or confuse the issue but.....

Name: Violet Mabel Handscombe
                    Year of Registration: 1907
                    Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                    District: Bishops Stortford
                    County: Essex, Hertfordshire
                    Volume: 3a
                    Page: 760

far more likely to have married in Bishops Stortford than your lady

possibility for this girls parents

Marriages Sep 1898

Bardwell William
                    Chesham Martha
                    Handscombe George
                    White Beatrice

B. Stortford 3a 945
                    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-12-07, 11:08.
                    Jess

Comment

Another family story which just illustrates how the obvious gets changed over time. My Great Aunt's hubby Archie served in the war and was told that they had to amputate his leg. Now the story was that after his operation he couldn't cope anymore and his mental state reverted to that of a child even though he had 2 children of his own and my Great Grandfather basically supported the family financially even though they lived in London as well as his own family in Notts.

Well it turns out the reason that Archie couldn't cope was that he had an anesthetic and was put to sleep ready for the operation and then woke up with his leg still there. They had decided that it wasn't that bad and that they would do him a favour by not amputating the leg. Unfortunately Archie could never come to terms with the fact that it was still there and thought he was hallucinating. He spent the rest of his days playing with trains.

Now you would have thought that as a family story someone might have noticed that his leg was still attached before spreading it through the country?
                      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Does anyone know any of your Violet's brothers and sisters names?

( could be quite helpful if they do)

just for ref - in case - have time to spare anyway
                        1901- RG13; Piece: 1300; Folio: 188; Page: 20.
                        1891 - RG12; Piece: 1108; Folio 211; Page 27;
                        1881- RG11; Piece: 1421; Folio: 91; Page: 18;
                        1871- RG10; Piece: 1370; Folio: 108; Page: 38;
                        1861 -
                        Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-12-07, 11:45.
                        Jess

Comment

I'm obsessed!

Violet M Handscombe marries Frank W Baker = Bishops Stortford 1931 Q3

so somewhere between Q3 1931 and 1947 Frank either dies or clears off somewhere, so Violet can re-marry this Mussell man
                          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-12-07, 13:06.
                          Jess

Comment

So Violet b 1926 must have married someone else, later than the Mussell marriage.

I didn't realise she could have married anyone.....I had presumed it was knowm that her husband was John Mussell, but there can't be two of them! lolol

So it's back to the indexes!!

Comment

Here's the right one!!

1950 Q4 Handscomb Violet M E
                              married Robert H Flint
                              Croydon 5G 155

Comment

Well done that woman

so Violet Handscomb Marries Frank Baker
                                then she marries Mr Mussell
                                The she marries Mr Flint

Do you know what? I searched every ( BEEP ) year for a remarriage EXCEPT 1950 , the very year she gave birth to Tuneful!
                                AH! Hang on

there is deffo a Violet Mabel Handscome born in Bishops Stortford in 1906 (?)

Is the 1926 ( Croyden?)one a different girl altogether?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hums a Hum.... Stands in the corner & Rocks a bit
                                Name: Violet Mary Flint
                                Birth Date: 6 Jun 1928
                                Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 1997
                                Age at death (estimated): 69
                                Registration district: Brighton
                                Inferred County: Sussex
                                Register number: B56A
                                Entry Number: 140

Jeepers creepers the fog is getting thicker! Why do we do this???
                                Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-12-07, 14:43.
                                Jess

Comment

No, no, no!!!

Sheila's Violet was b 1926 and married one man named Flint.

The other Violet was b 1906 and married twice and is nothing to do with Sheila

Well, that's what I think!!

Do we have to find a dau for Mr and Mrs Flint and a death in the oven for Robert Flint?

I have looked at births 1951-1955 inc and not found anything......(though I am being talked "at" all the time, so it's hard going!)

Comment

No Idea, lost the plot completely.

didnt Sheila recognise the name Melody? ( Thereafter ''Tunefull'' ) she provided the info about where and when she was born...I think

Shouts for Sheila.................
                                    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 30-12-07, 14:55.
                                    Jess

Comment

Do we know the dau was called tuneful? That would put a spanner in the works!

Do we need a Brighton obsession??

Comment

Cross posted!

I don't know??? But the mother of tuneful was b 1906, I'm fairly sure of that!!

Comment

when i asked for events to narrow the field to search for his death, Sheila said they had the daughter , 1950 in Brighton.

She is also adamant that her violet married in B/Stortford though
                                          Jess

Comment

Working...
                                          X