Help with surname

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with surname

Can anyone help decipher this surname, John ? His wife Flora is the youngest daughter of my g aunt. I've not found a marriage for Flora as she was born/lived in America. John's parents were Italian so that may give a clue, the census details have them as Comeal but I can't find anyone of that name on the next census.
    Many thanks Daphne
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

give us some more clues please - like which census was that and where were they
    Jess

Comment

Jess sorry it's on the 1920 USA census for New Jersey. I was looking for my Geat aunt Mary Jane and she's living with them.
      Daphne

Year: 1920;Census Place: Bloomfield Ward 3, Essex, New Jersey; Roll: T625_1028; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 19; Image: 911.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Something between COMRAD and CORNISH???

Which is no help at all, sorry!

Comment

HI

On the 1930 census the family are shown as CONRADE

John 45
          Flora 39
          John 18
          Thomas 15
          Marwood 13

For Ref

1930; Census Place: Union City, Hudson, New Jersey; Roll: 1359; Page: 17A; Enumeration District: 377
          WendyP

Comment

Wendy thank you so much, that's a great help to me.

Daphne
            Daphne

Comment

HI Daphne

I have sent you a PM
              WendyP

Comment

Thanks Wendy.
                Daphne
                Daphne

Comment

Working...
                X