Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1940 US Census ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
    I have also been looking at that index, and a little bit of further search has showed that volume 46 has 502 pages, there appears to be only one entry per page. The entry for Volume 46 page 367 (the closest I could find after Lucy's entry) has a death date of 31 Mar 1940, so it might be that Lucy died sometime in March which was just before the census. Could Charles have been staying with family then?
    In the 1939 directory William is at 9 Summit Ave - not there in the 1940 census. This lot do not want to be found!
    Linda


    My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
      In the 1939 directory William is at 9 Summit Ave - not there in the 1940 census. This lot do not want to be found!
      yea tell me about it...lol.. I've just come across the passenger list from Liverpool to USA for Charles & his mum dad and sister.. it's on

      https://saintsbysea.lib.byu.edu/mii/passenger/24958

      so this would indicate his parents were members of the LDS church?? that's what it seems to me... :conf:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

      .......I find dead people

      Comment


        #23
        1941 directory, William is at 138 Kenoza Avenue. In the 1940 census that is a vacant house.

        I also looked at the census returns for the hospital in Haverhill, wondering if Charles could have been there, but they only list the doctors and nurses, no patients mentioned. If he was in there it is impossible to know.
        Linda


        My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
          1941 directory, William is at 138 Kenoza Avenue. In the 1940 census that is a vacant house.

          I also looked at the census returns for the hospital in Haverhill, wondering if Charles could have been there, but they only list the doctors and nurses, no patients mentioned. If he was in there it is impossible to know.
          Ok thanks Linda, like you say impossible to know. Appreciate you looking :smilee:

          got to go out now but will be back later.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

          .......I find dead people

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

            so this would indicate his parents were members of the LDS church??
            I wonder if that record refers to this person
            https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pe...tails/KWJ6-XMR

            That family seems to fit the peeps in the record you found.
            ------------------------------------------------------
            My Families
            London-area Coverly Family Finder DNA Project

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
              I wonder if that record refers to this person
              https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pe...tails/KWJ6-XMR

              That family seems to fit the peeps in the record you found.
              Yes Sarah that's the right person, he's my 1st cousin 3x removed. I hadn't seen that on there before I have just fired off a message to her. Thank you :smilee:
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

              .......I find dead people

              Comment

              Working...
              X