Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 census ?

hi,

at what point will all the records be visible on the 1939? many of mine have a line through (the children i believe) saying this record is closed. quite a few of the older relies who have been closed are now deceased.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Probably (or possibly) 2039, when the 100 year rule runs out..
    DGJay

Comment

According to ancestry they update annually, my aunt is now on there after her death in 2015. But I suppose if their death was we missed, then it will continue to be missed?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

HOWEVER ................

FMP and Ancestry are slowly updating the Register by comparing a) dates to verify those over 100 (+ a few years); b) comparing birth years with death years (at least, I gather that FMP is doing that); and c) members sending in verification of death of ancestors blacked out (ie, a death certification).

There are major problems ............

women marry and/or change their surnames, often more than once ........... a member requesting the opening of a record would have to show verification of all such changes.

many have moved overseas and have or will die in another country, both Ancestry and FMP would have to rely on descendants o send in full verification of those deaths, at least until they could assume that someone would have died.

For example, I have and aunt and uncle and 5 of their 6 children who emigrated to Australia.

Only the parents records have been opened, about 2 years ago .......... they were both born 1894/1896. All of the childrens' records are still blacked out. 3 of the Australians have died and so has the child who remained in England (born 1929). Two of the children in Australia are still alive, one age 95 and one 89 (a twin).

The eldest child would have been 97 this year and the youngest 89 (a twin), so unless a relative in England obtains Australian death certificates, plus evidence of marriage and emigration, the earliest that I would expect the 97 year old's record to be opened would be 5-7 years from now.

You could always buy the death certificates, and submit them to FMP and get the records opened. I think I saw somewhere that Ancestry was updating once a year, while FMP seems to do it regularly.
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks for replies.
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just realised that FMP boasted an update on 9th Jan:

and say they have the most records
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
            X