Can't find this family anywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find this family anywhere!

Joseph Arthur cotton married Edith Marshall in 1936, they had a son George Arthur cotton born 12 May 1937 at The Rookery, Brinsley, Nottingham, I've been trying to find them as a family on 1939 census and electorial registers with no luck, any ideas or help would be appreciated thanks

They might not be on 1939 register if they are still alive or died after 1991, which was the cut off point.

I think off hand that electoral records for Nottm fininshed around 1933 and started again around 2000.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Do you have any deaths for them or dates of birth and area?
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

They do update the 1939 register with deaths as my aunt is now on there that died in 2015, it says:

"The version of the 1939 Register on Ancestry.co.uk will be updated annually to show the records that have been opened during the past year."

I assume that this is his death:
        Name: George Arthur Cotton
        Death Age: 63
        Birth Date: 12 May 1937
        Registration Date: Jun 2000
        Registration district: Nottingham
        Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
        Register Number: B68A
        District and Subdistrict: 6891B
        Entry Number: 242

Had a quick look and can't find them,do you know if they stayed in Nottingham all the time?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

How old would father and mother have been in 1939?

Comment

The son might well be still alive, he'd only be 83
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I think that is the death record I posted, birth date matches.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks everyone, your right George died 12 June 2000 in Nottingham. We believe He did stay in Nottingham for his entire life. I think I will maybe have to send for his parents marriage certificate to try and get more info on them as I'm not getting any results when searching for them as a couple or individuals. I'm also unsure of their ages so I'll keep digging until I get the certificate.

Comment

Working...
                X