I cant find his birth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant find his birth.

I am after the birth of Joseph Tibble/Tibbals.

His age is a bit fluid on his convict records........so somewhere between 1822 and 1828.

He was born in Leicester.

His convict records say his parents are Sophia and William (Sophia and William Johns)........sisters Anna (Hannah).....Harriet and Emma......brother James.

But is he was born before 1825 he would have his mothers maiden name.

Sophia's surname has also been said to be Tipple..............so it could be under any variation of those surnames.

He sponsers (is that the right term) for his parents and brothers and sisters to come to Tasmania.....arriving aboard the Ocean Chief 25 March 1855

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
    Last edited by flashieboy; 01-02-20, 07:09.

The marriage is on FindMyPast.

William Johnes married Sophia Tipple 16th October 1825 at St Nicholas, Leicester.
    They both made their mark.
    One of the witnesses was Ann Tipple.

I didn't find the baptism but off to look again.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Another possible variation on his name ........... Tibbalds
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
      X