Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Live April 2020

Two goals met.

After a successful trip to the SoG yesterday, I've now booked my ticket, workshops and lectures for the Friday of FamilyTreeLive 2020. I left it too late last year for booking workshops and lectures so didn't want to get caught out this time.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
    Two goals met.

After a successful trip to the SoG yesterday, I've now booked my ticket, workshops and lectures for the Friday of FamilyTreeLive 2020. I left it too late last year for booking workshops and lectures so didn't want to get caught out this time.
    I forgot to put in the link to the information/booking system:

Is anyone else likely to join me (and Paulc) there?
    Caroline
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I'm very tempted, Caroline. I have never been to a Family History Show before but now that I have more free time I think it would be a good day out. And it would be nice to meet up with you and any others that are going.
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Originally posted by Gardengirl View Post
        I'm very tempted, Caroline. I have never been to a Family History Show before but now that I have more free time I think it would be a good day out. And it would be nice to meet up with you and any others that are going.

To Gardengirl and Caroline, Family History Shows are such a wonderful experience, great chance to meet like minded genealogy friends, catch up with new innovations and updates and check out new products. Family Tree Live is an ideal show to start with as its far more personal and has a real family feel to it. There will lots of local family history societies in attendance as well.

There are loads of free lectures and workshops all included in the ticket price which makes it amazing value for money. It will be a great day out I promise you!
        My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Which day are you going, Paul?
          Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I am going both days

Comment

I've just booked for the Friday so perhaps nearer the time we can work out a way to meet up.

Comment

I've just booked for the Friday so perhaps nearer the time we can work out a way to meet up.
                Yes definitely, at the last family tree live, I organised a meet up both days and also organised a similar event at Rootstech in London.

Have attached a couple of blogs that also include some pictures that you might be interested in.

Wow, where did those three days go!! A bit like when you were a child looking forward to Christmas, the build up and expectation are enormous and it takes forever to arrive, then before you know it…

Better late than never, here is my review of the first ever Family Tree Live show held at Alexandra Palace, London in April this year. The show was organised by Family Tree Magazine and spon…

Comment

I've found another person coming up from the Sussex coast - I've not met them, we were both at RootsTech but missed each other (because of wonky phone signals), so if trains work we can all arrive there mobhanded. :D

Caroline

Comment

Paul and Caroline, thank you for those links. They have certainly given me a flavour of what to expect. I must go and choose my talks / workshops before they get booked up. Perhaps we should have a separate thread for pre-show chat?

Comment

Paul and Caroline, thank you for those links. They have certainly given me a flavour of what to expect. I must go and choose my talks / workshops before they get booked up. Perhaps we should have a separate thread for pre-show chat?
                      I shall be doing just that. Don't leave it too late for booking them. I got caught out last year and ended up not going - and I had a free ticket!.
                      Caroline

Comment

I shall be doing just that. Don't leave it too late for booking them. I got caught out last year and ended up not going - and I had a free ticket!.
                        Agree with Caroline, nearly all the workshops were booked up well in advance of the show itself, so get booking now! I have booked all mine already

Comment

Done
                          Last edited by Gardengirl; 18-01-20, 13:53.

Comment

There are so many option and difficult choices, hard to choose!

Comment

As promised, here is the dedicated thread - I've moved the posts from the other thread.

My blog: The tickets have arrived - and I am very glad I didn't hang around as the two workshops I signed up for now full.

Now to organise getting there.
                              Caroline

Comment

Mine are all booked as well!! Get in quick folks

Comment

As promised, here is the dedicated thread - I've moved the posts from the other thread.

My blog: The tickets have arrived - and I am very glad I didn't hang around as the two workshops I signed up for now full.

Now to organise getting there.
                                  nice write up, hidden in plain sight looks an interesting one
                                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-01-20, 17:33.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Hi
                                    I will be at this event on Friday and would love to meet any FTFers!
                                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                                      Hi
                                      I will be at this event on Friday and would love to meet any FTFers!
                                      Great - I'll bring you a badge!
                                      Caroline

Comment

Look forward to seeing you there Nell

Comment

Working...
                                        X