Gloucestershire record - Dennis O'Callaghan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the link

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I can't think that this family are the same family as Dennis in Bristol, but suppose there could be a slim chance?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Elaine Carolyn Frazzled
        Thank you for replies i will down load what i can and compare the to what i have and see what fits and doesnt fit
        Brian
        avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
        researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

I did post his convict record on post 31, and it has a date of 1850 on there, and 2 children were born in 1845 and 1848. The brother letter was dated 1846, I had forgotten those details.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Carolyn / Elaine
            Looking at all the pieces this seems to be most likely.
            1861 census Dennis age 49 = b 1812 matches best Ellen age 38 =b 1823 son Denis 9= born 1852 matches son i have emigrating to Australia
            1871 census seems likely as Dennis dies June 1861 Ellen age is almost correct Mary a from 1861 census almost matches, age difference i think is 1 year.
            I will order (when finances permit) Jeremiah bc 1848 and dc 1858 m 1/4 11 A p 73 Thomas bc D1/4 11 A P 65
            Carolyn what is Mary Collins 1857 S 1/4 V 11 A P 68 in reference to.Post 44
            I feel I can discount the Dennis that was transported as he most likely never returned, and the 1851 census with lorn and timothy does not seem to fit as well.
            Thanking every one for their input and any further assistance is welcome
            Brian
            researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Just rechecked and the 1851 census with Jerry (Jeremiah) and Michael can fit in as well except for Ellens age, she is 38 the same age as in 1861 census, mistake ?????
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by 2weis View Post
                Carolyn / Elaine
                Looking at all the pieces this seems to be most likely.
                1861 census Dennis age 49 = b 1812 matches best Ellen age 38 =b 1823 son Denis 9= born 1852 matches son i have emigrating to Australia
                1871 census seems likely as Dennis dies June 1861 Ellen age is almost correct Mary a from 1861 census almost matches, age difference i think is 1 year.
                I will order (when finances permit) Jeremiah bc 1848 and dc 1858 m 1/4 11 A p 73 Thomas bc D1/4 11 A P 65
                Carolyn what is Mary Collins 1857 S 1/4 V 11 A P 68 in reference to.Post 44
                I feel I can discount the Dennis that was transported as he most likely never returned, and the 1851 census with lorn and timothy does not seem to fit as well.
                Thanking every one for their input and any further assistance is welcome
                Brian
                Mary OCallaghan is the daughter mothers maiden name Collins - I have included it in the summary, ref is from GRO

1851 census I am sure does fit, it seems to be badly written.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Carolyn
                  I looked again at 1851 census and the handwritten version in post 50 has Denis Ellen then one name scribbled out, the next name looks like lorn, and the next name is unreadable
                  the transcribed version in post 58 is dennis ellen mike jerry timothy which does make sense.
                  Brian

Comment

Working...
                  X