Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding someone on the 1939 register please

Hello,

Pleae can anyone have a look for George Edward Sturgess b. 1910,, Reading, Berkshire.

Married Doris Rice in 1934, Reading, Berkshire.

She is here with their children and her Mum/Sister but no George. He didn't pass away until 1976 so where is he hiding?!

Thanks

He might not be on it all if he volunteered for armed service as soon as war was declared. Or if he was already a member of the armed services. These folks were not included. Do you know if he served or not?
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 27-12-19, 17:15.

Comment

Galloway Lass - no records that came up on hints or by looking manually - he's a distant relative so not someone I know about unfortunately!
      Tessie

Comment

I can’t see him anywhere on the 1939 Register Tessie but I have got him on a 1945 electoral register at the same address as the people in your 1939 link above. I am thinking he was an early volunteer.
        Last edited by GallowayLass; 27-12-19, 19:04.

Comment

Can't see him, but in looking, it appears Alice Yates and Henry Sturgess had 5 more children after 1911.
          Alice M, Alfred L, Edith Dorothy, Doris G, and Elsie M.
          Doris married Jack Randall, and is living with her brother Harry Sturgess in 1939 - in his mother Alice's house (but she's not there).
          Edith married Are Lewington.
          Elsie married an Ernest Mourning.
          Mother Alice Yates is possibly in Berkshire Mental Hospital in 1939 but with the wrong birthday (1881) and marital status. I think it's her because she wasn't home in 1939, and there was no other Alice Mary that married a Sturgess in the area.

Comment

Thanks everyone
            Andre, I have a few people in the mental hospital even my maternal Nan has been there on more occasions than I can count (she's still very much alive too) - I'll take a look

Comment

Working...
            X