Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A post by the Sussex Family History Group requesting help in a project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A post by the Sussex Family History Group requesting help in a project.

[Admin, my apologies if I should not have posted this]
    Hi all,
    I have just seen this in their Facebook page
    I am one of the library volunteers for the Sussex Family History Group at The Keep (East Sussex Records Office), we are looking for people to help us with the creation of family trees for input into ‘MyTree’.
    MyTree is a database being developed to allow a search by name other members’ family trees to identify possible matches and to link members who are researching the same people or surname, which may help to breakdown brick walls.
    The Sussex Family History Group has over 700 family histories donated by people that we have permission to use for the benefit of members researching their family history.
    These family histories have been scanned into .pdf files over many years and take the form of straight forward one page family trees up to written accounts and one name studies.
    What we need are volunteers from anywhere in the world to convert these family histories into family trees using a format that MyTree can recognise, this is the standard GEDCOM file format that practically every family history software package can create, so if you use Family Historian, Family Tree Maker, Roots Magic, Legacy or Ancestral Quest to record your family history on a computer then we would love to hear from you.
    Below is a .pdf file listing the family histories that require converting to GEDCOM files, is your family name among them? If you would like to volunteer for this project, please contact David Kent through the Sussex Family History Group Facebook page for more information
    .Family Histories.pdf

You can also contact the group through their website https://www.sfhg.org.uk/email.html

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
    [Admin, my apologies if I should not have posted this]
    Thank for posting it, I was about to myself!

I did have to adjust the contact details as we don't allow them here and the email address is from a closed group.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
      Thank for posting it, I was about to myself!

I did have to adjust the contact details as we don't allow them here and the email address is from a closed group.

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
      X