Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there another marriage?

Hello,

Daisy Jenkins married David Underwood in 1909, Leighton Buzzard. On the 1911 census they have two children and on the 1939 I believe they have 6 children (8 in the household - Daisy and David are 'open' and so are three of the children which leaves 3 closed. I have been looking to identify the children born in between the 1911 census and 1939 register. On FreeBMD after 1911 there are a further 14 Jenkins x Underwood births 3 of which I can tick off from the 14 I found on FreeBMD - would they of had another 11 children meaning they had 16 in total!?
    So can anyone see another marriage of a Jenkins and Underwood around 1908 that produces any children that might be any of the ones I've found?

Thanks

Yes there's one in 1930 in Sculcoates. I would think the Leighton Buzzard births are your couple, the other births to the 1930 couple.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC - I did think that there couldn't be another couple in the same area with same surnames!

Comment

Well, you would need birth certs to be absolutely sure, of course, but I can't see another marriage in the LB area at the relevant time.

OC

Comment

Actually, I am suspicious about the one born in 1939 - how old was Daisy then?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
            Actually, I am suspicious about the one born in 1939 - how old was Daisy then?

OC
            According to the 1911 and 1939 OC Daisy would have only been about 46 in 1939.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-12-19, 09:32.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie. Hm, her swan song then?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                Thanks Chrissie. Hm, her swan song then?

OC
                If it was I bet she was relieved OC lol
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Ha ha, yes!

OC

Comment

When I get some spare money (xmas!!! lol) I'm going to buy a few certs. I have had my eye on - I think one of these birth certs. will be one of them

Comment

Working...
                    X