X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    there is obviously a closeness of the moorhen and the blands/waites

children baptised on the same day here:
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...mp;personid=22 2134807248&hintid=1050963814908&usePUB=tru e&usePUBJs=true&_ga=2.2924083.2036338870 .1 630167054-1606468201.1602834035&pId=910568
    oliver Waite and Sarah Jane Moren

a Henley court case here

Hi Carolyn, court case link isn't showing - is it on Ancestry and what name/date and I'll have a look

Yes I'm guessing they were the 'local' travellers - i'm sure on one or two census they are 'neighbours' lol

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post

Hi Carolyn, court case link isn't showing - is it on Ancestry and what name/date and I'll have a look

Yes I'm guessing they were the 'local' travellers - i'm sure on one or two census they are 'neighbours' lol
      yes I saw they were neighbours on census, I have put newspaper clip in the post re court appearance
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 03-09-21, 18:48.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I can't see a clip - it just says 'Henley court case here' but no attachment? Might be my computer playing up!? I'll go back to the post again and have another look lol!

Comment

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 23.31.20.png

doesn't seem to be working attached again sorry
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

found this also
            Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 22.26.30.png
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Wow thanks Carolyn!! Mary Ann is one of my great great grandmothers! Ended up in Kent - she looks quite something in a picture someone has of her on Ancestry so the school must have made a difference!
              I will have to have a search for some traveller websites/forums - I wonder if there are any living ancestors that are still travellers now from this family line
              Tessie

Comment

Hi,

I have Matilda's birth certificate - mother Mary Reid but no father! Do I assume they weren't married or she had Matilda before marrying and Mary died/went off and he 'took her on'?

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what it means, I suppose they may not even be Johns. Any address on the BC, or any other interesting details?
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    Not sure what it means, I suppose they may not even be Johns. Any address on the BC, or any other interesting details?
                    Unfortunately nothing else - only mother is of Bucklebury - very sparse on the info. front. I guess I will try and find a Mary Reid on the 1841/1851/1861 census and any deaths in the area.

Tessie

Comment

Working...
                    X