Clear All

• GallowayLass
    replied
    That’s what I had thought too - a list of his “offences” LOL

Leave a comment:

• Caroline
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew193 View Post
    Yes agree with you grumpy it definitely looks like "fatigue" He sounds like a "very slovenly" solider, I mean "trotting his mule along the road" what a bad soldier.
    .... AND parading with dirty harness!!

Leave a comment:

• andrew193
    replied
    Originally posted by grumpy View Post
    Reckon it is fatigue OC. The word means in service parlance, a man who is doing a specific task or possibly an onerous one and I guess that he wasn’t supposed to be given a lift. The whole extract looks like an extensive rap sheet.
    Yes agree with you grumpy it definitely looks like "fatigue" He sounds like a "very slovenly" solider, I mean "trotting his mule along the road" what a bad soldier.

Leave a comment:

• grumpy
    replied
    Reckon it is fatigue OC. The word means in service parlance, a man who is doing a specific task or possibly an onerous one and I guess that he wasn’t supposed to be given a lift. The whole extract looks like an extensive rap sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Olde Crone Holden
    replied
    Taking a fatigue(d) man on the wagon.

OC

Leave a comment:

• andrew193
    replied
    Thanks Lin that seems to make sense. And yes it's from his army service record.

Leave a comment:

• Lin Fisher
    replied
    No sure but 'Taking a fatigue man onto wagon'

Is it something to do with the army. Just looking at no 3 that made me thing.

Leave a comment:

• andrew193
    started a topic Cant make out text??

Cant make out text??

I'm having difficulty making out all the text for item 2 on this photo. All I can make out is "Taking a (word) (word) (word) Wagon" Anyone else have better luck?
    Attached Files
Working...
X