Marie born 1916
    Henry born 1921
    .... born 1923
    Ethel born 1925

I have really searched and are on the verge of letting this one go for now
    Thank you for reading this
    Ann

Name removed as possibly living person.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-09-19, 20:19.

I've had a quick look but haven't found either Louisa or Ethel. Sorry but ran out of time.

Back later if you still need help
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Hi, I've had a look and I've found a Louisa A Lynn in Woolwich born in 1888, there's an Ethel living with her as well as 2 other people. As I am unsure if Ethel is still alive or not I daren't put her married name up on the website.

It's always worth thinking of similar Surnames as my own Grandfather is noted down as Philip and not Phillips.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Hello
        Thank you both for looking. Ethel is my mum and she is no longer living.
        I will have a look under Lynn. Looks like mis spelt
        Ann

Comment

I have looked and that is definitely her. Can you remind me why 2 lines are blacked out as my mum was the youngast so there should be no other children
          Ann

Comment

To be honest I'm wondering the same, my Granddad is blacked out and he was born in 1921 and died in 1996.
            Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Oldie View Post
              I have looked and that is definitely her. Can you remind me why 2 lines are blacked out as my mum was the youngast so there should be no other children
              Ann
              Theoretically because (a) they're not yet 100+years of age or (b) the authorities haven't got the info that they've died.

The household consists of

Louisa
              blank
              blank
              Ethel
              David Waller - husband of Marie?
              Marie Waller

So the two blanked out would seem to be Henry and .... (Name removed as possibly still living.
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-09-19, 20:20.
              Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Death for Henry appears to be birth 30th Sept 1921 - death May 1996 Greenwich.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

The 1939 Register was only updated regularly by the NHS until ca 1991.

Any deaths or name changes after that date will not have been noted.

FMP and Ancestry are trying to update using GRO and other records, but also depend on users to supply information on death dates. It can be even more difficult because of the large numbers of people who have emigrated in the last 50 years or so.

At one point I had an aunt and uncle born in the 1890s and 6 children all blacked out ......... all but one child had emigrated to Australia in the 1950s & 1960s. I found them because I knew their address.

Aunt and uncle are now showing, I'm presuming either because it was noticed that they had to be dead or because one of the children/grandchildren had sent in the information. But the 6 children are still hidden even though only 2 of them are still alive.
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

It is very hit and miss as far as I can tell. My aunt that died 3 years ago, is now available to view, so it is updated. My Mil and another aunt that are alive are there to see also.

I think it is hard to redact using an event that actually hasn't happened.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I think it is going to be very hard for ancestry or FMP to work out what has happened to women, who might have married at least once if not more times since the NHS stopped updating women's changes of name as well as death.
                      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

lots of info on NA site about the register.

1. What are these records? The 1939 Register provides a snapshot of the civilian population of England and Wales just after the outbreak of the Second World War. As the 1931 census for England and Wales was destroyed by fire during the Second World War and no census was taken in 1941, the Register provides […]

See section 10, if you have death cert you can ask for redaction to be removed via FMP.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
                          I think it is going to be very hard for ancestry or FMP to work out what has happened to women, who might have married at least once if not more times since the NHS stopped updating women's changes of name as well as death.
                          I agree.

My 82yo cousin, who is still very much alive, is visible on the 1939 Register, but her mother wasn't, apparently because her year of birth was indistinct. I did an on-line chat with FMP and after a bit of too-ing and fro-ing, they agreed to open the mother's record without me having to produce a death certificate.
                          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
                            To be honest I'm wondering the same, my Granddad is blacked out and he was born in 1921 and died in 1996.
                            Same thing with Daddy. He was born 1925 but died in 1980. I needed to send them a copy of his death cert to open his record as he died in Scotland.

Comment

Thank you all very much
                              Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X