When did the GRO put up their prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did the GRO put up their prices?

I just ordered a birth cert and a death cert. Death cert 7 pounds, Birth cert 10 pounds!

I thought all certs were 7 pounds:(

jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Did you remember to tick the box which said you had the full GRO reference - if you don't tick it you will be charged 10 pounds!
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine,
      I wasn't given that choice for the birth cert.....I did wonder why?

Jackie

Comment

I'm afraid you were, you just missed it.

It's the same for all certs: on the first page it says "Is the General Register Office Index known?" and you have to click for yes or no. If you don't, they'll charge you £10.

Comment

I made the mistake once myself also, Never again though.

Comment

Was it a more recent birth certificate? I don't think you can get those with just a GRO index reference. I think its within the last 50 years? (but I'm probably wrong :o)

Anne

Comment

Mary, guess you are right. what a Dolt!
              Anne it was a 1902 cert. Pat's right I'll be more careful next time!:o

Comment

The good news is, you won't ever make that mistake again! lol

Merry Christmas!!

Comment

And you aren't alone - I think we've all either done this, or nearly done this!
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

And this thread will alert others to the risk if they're about to apply!

My own mistake was to order on the basis of my copied-over notes - and not double-checking back to the source (or even the source-note). I ended up applying for the wrong quarter!

And just recently, I applied for a death cert transcription from NSW. I realised, only just in time to correct it (after the initial application!), that I'd applied using all the right refs - but using the maiden name instead of the married name!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have to order up some more in January.

Comment

Easy mistake to make, I have nearly done it myself several times but just remembered at the last minuit. Happy Christmas all...

]

Comment

Working...
                        X