No announcement yet.

UK Wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have not got the first will I ordered, and am getting more recent ones still. Anyone still have their old wills outstanding?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• The oldest one I am waiting for should have arrived on 16th Sep.

All the older ones arrived in the last 2 weeks so hopefully not much longer for you to wait.
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

• Still waiting for one I ordered that should have arrived 8th August. Otherwise have got the others ordered either same date or later.
        p.s. The one I haven't got yet is the one I wanted the most lol.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 13-11-19, 09:19.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• I am in a circular "chat" about the one they didn't send - they keep telling me to reorder with the correct details, I keep saying I would do but their system will spit it out because they insist it isn't there as it is incorrectly indexed.

I am sending instructions of where to find it including print screens with the same response and anyway why should I have to pay again?

It's taking several days for each reply from them .... anyone else trying to order from the same pages will have the same problem.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

• I ordered one mid sept i received a few days ago.

Comment

• Still waiting for the first one I ordered on the 27th July, due 11th August.
              I did receive two I ordered on the 16th August on the 30th October.

Chris
              Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

• I wonder what is holding up the ones that several of us ordered earlier? I'm fascinated to know how they are working the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  I wonder what is holding up the ones that several of us ordered earlier? I'm fascinated to know how they are working the system.
                  me too. I felt bad contacting them, I just wondered if they had messed up and the first lot were marked as done when they weren't. They have replied a week after contacting them, and am fairly sure they didn't check my order just that they were swamped. So I was still not certain if they really hadn't messed up.

Very disappointed with their process and lack of organisation, gives govt agencies a bad name :( Then all govt/;local govt get tarred with same brush.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• It's interesting, but frustrating for those still waiting for those early wills, as to why they are taking so long. I ordered 3 on 22 August and 1 on 25 Sept. All arrived between 1 and 6 Nov. I wonder if a batch that arrived on a particular day or a batch of early ones without a folio no. got deleted by mistake? I mean it's really odd they can't find them but we can
                    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

• Oh I do hope they haven't lost them:( The only one I am waiting for is my granddads and I have always fancied seeing that. I was 6 when he died and I remember Mum buying me my first watch, an Ingersoll, and telling me that it was a parting gift from Granddad.

Comment

• Chrissie, I'm also waiting for my grandads. I more or less know what it said as I was in my 20's when he died but would just like to have a copy of it.
                        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

• one more arrived today, ordered on 8th October, so still waiting for the last one ordered 24th July
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

• As I am still waiting for the one I ordered on the 27th July I used the 'contact us' to send an enquiry.

Got back the standard reply ' We are experiencing very high demand for copies of wills....Blah, blah, blah' the next day! I think they must the standard response on auto reply.

Chris
                            Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

• Still waiting on one from a similar date but haven't bothered to contact them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                                Still waiting on one from a similar date but haven't bothered to contact them.
                                Ditto for the 23rd July.

Comment

• I received all mine (16) ordered July 30, Oct 14 - Oct 28.
                                  Glen

Comment

• 24th July still outstanding for me too, along with the one they didn't send the will.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

• Several people seem to keep mentioning 23rd and 24th July orders. I would be wondering if they had a blip in their computers those days if I hadn't received another one that was also ordered on 23rd July at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                        Several people seem to keep mentioning 23rd and 24th July orders. I would be wondering if they had a blip in their computers those days if I hadn't received another one that was also ordered on 23rd July at the same time.
                                        I thought that they might have, which is why I did raise a call, but got std reply....almost as if they didn't check...
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

• last one arrived, from 23rd July...yay, and it was quite interesting too
                                          Carolyn
                                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                          X