Essex Parish Records now online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex Parish Records now online

Ancestry have added them this month. Happy hunting!

Last edited by Katarzyna; 28-06-19, 21:29.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

ooh - thanks I will go and look
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

It's very hit and miss, and transcription only.

I know of several records in many parishes, and only one or two show in the database. And others have none at all, even though the parish is listed.

It's still a good finding aid to then head off to "seax" (the essex record office website) and search the parishes under subscription. I suppose now we know why they upped their prices.....in anticipation of ancestry's release.

Comment

There is a very interesting article in the latest 'Lost Cousins' newsletter covering how to use the Ancestry index in conjunction with SEAX....

Happy hunting everyone!

Chris
        Last edited by Chris in Sussex; 28-06-19, 23:15.
        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Sussex View Post
          There is a very interesting article in the latest 'Lost Cousins' newsletter covering how to use the Ancestry index in conjunction with SEAX....

Happy hunting everyone!

Chris
          mmm! I tried that but it didn't work for me :(
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I think mine are pretty much transcribed on freereg, so maybe no new news for me. Unless they have some other records indexed.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Amazing, I searched for my grandmother and the site came up with no result.

Just for interest sake, I have her birth certificate, lived with her for 15 years until she passed in 1945, so think I am at least 100 percent sure of her birth, marriage and death details.

Makes one wonder.
              Last edited by grumpy; 29-06-19, 09:31.
              Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
              X