No announcement yet.

Jaques/Jacques/Jakes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the one I was talking about in my post #95, but I thought Everitt to Strutt was too big a mistranscription.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
      Just following that one through - as you do. The children John - Jun 1839 & Mary - Mar 1841 have mmn as Ricketts. Registered at Edmonton. Death of Mary Jaques mar 1841 Epping Union age 27.
      Yes. I did that too and got the MMN of Ricketts then found him in 1851 as widow so discounted it!

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
      Just found the marriage of Amelia in 1849 on one of my discs, it was James Samuel Everitt to Amelia PEAKES according to the transcription
      oh ruddy lord...... this family are a nightmare!

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
      Marriages Mar 1849
      Everitt James Samuel Colchester 12 89
      Feakes Amelia Colchester 12 89

How many more variations of that name are there???
      lots! nightmare!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• This appears to be the birth of their 2 children from 1851 census -
        EVERITT, JAMES SAMUEL - mmn FEAKE - GRO Reference: 1849 D Quarter in COLCHESTER Volume 12 Page 68

EVERITT, SARAH AMELIA - mmn FEAKES - GRO Reference: 1851 M Quarter in COLCHESTER Volume 12 Page 85
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Also that 1851 census has Joseph Feakes visiting - possibly brother or cousin.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            Just following that one through - as you do. The children John - Jun 1839 & Mary - Mar 1841 have mmn as Ricketts. Registered at Edmonton. Death of Mary Jaques mar 1841 Epping Union age 27.
            Originally posted by Elaine View Post
            Just found the marriage of Amelia in 1849 on one of my discs, it was James Samuel Everitt to Amelia PEAKES according to the transcription
            Marriages Mar 1849
            Everitt James Samuel Colchester 12 89
            Feakes Amelia Colchester 12 89

How many more variations of that name are there???
            Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
            This appears to be the birth of their 2 children from 1851 census -
            EVERITT, JAMES SAMUEL - mmn FEAKE - GRO Reference: 1849 D Quarter in COLCHESTER Volume 12 Page 68

EVERITT, SARAH AMELIA - mmn FEAKES - GRO Reference: 1851 M Quarter in COLCHESTER Volume 12 Page 85
            Also that 1851 census has Joseph Feakes visiting - possibly brother or cousin.

I'm going to sit in a corner and cry............

Think that this could well be another red herring....
            Julie

Comment

• Looks like it Julie :( Never mind - happens to us all. It's back to the drawing board then
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

• Ok, found another one in York, age is a bit onward but father Robert...gamekeeper
                Attached Files
                Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

• Just starting to look

CROWTHER, JOHN GIDEON 31
                  GRO Reference: 1864 D Quarter in OF YORK Volume 09D Page 20

15 October 1864 - Yorkshire Gazette
                  On the 13th inst., aged 31, Mr. John Gideon Crowther, the Magpie and Stump, Penley Grovestreet, in this city.
                  Elaine

Comment

• Another marriage for this Amelia 1874

GBPRS_YORKSHIRE_13-0743_GB-YOR_PARISH-REGISTERS-N-PR-TH-1-15-1537-1900_00109.jpg
                    Elaine

Comment

• Found her on a census at last, not her either, sorry:(

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
                      Elaine

Comment

• Thanks Elaine you are a star... though having a father Robert and being a gamekeeper is very very tantalising isn't it..

and Kat, yes of course you were right :smilee: I was just feeling a little bit 'down' about it.. spent hours looking and finally come up with a glimmer to have it dashed!..

onwards!
                        Julie

Comment

• Dragging this thread back out as I think I might have a bit of news.

I found JWJ in a workhouse:
                          Name: John Wenden Jacques
                          Discharge Age 68
                          Record Type Discharge
                          Birth Date 1818
                          Discharge Date 13 Mar 1886
                          Discharge Place London England, Southwark, Southwark

and have now found this:
                          Name: John Jaques
                          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1819
                          Registration Year: 1893
                          Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
                          Age at Death: 74
                          Registration District: St Saviour Southwark
                          Inferred County: London
                          Volume: 1d
                          Page: 11

BUT there is another John Jacques that I have spotted in the same WH about 10 years earlier.. is there a way I can find a burial for this chap?

thanks for looking.
                          Last edited by Darksecretz; 10-12-20, 07:20.
                          Julie

Comment

• I still haven't found him on the 1841 census and the 1881/1891 either.. he's a flipping nightmare!.

1841 no idea!
                            1881 I would expect to see him in Wales as he was in Builith/Brecon Prison towards the end of April 1881.
                            1891 possibly in London area if the death is anything to go by.
                            Julie

Comment

• Not sure which John's burial your looking for but the John Jacques who d 1893 could be the one mentioned in Probate Records

John Jacques 21K Peabody Buildings, Southwark ?St Surrey
                              Tailor
                              Died 23 September 1893
                              Probate to Widow Rose Rachel Jacques

In 1863 he m Elizabeth Mitton in Brecon. Elizabeth Jacques 43 was in the Bulith W/hse 1881 with children
                              Elizabeth 12, Georgina 7 and Walter 4.

Vera

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                I still haven't found him on the 1841 census and the 1881/1891 either.. he's a flipping nightmare!.

1841 no idea!
                                1881 I would expect to see him in Wales as he was in Builith/Brecon Prison towards the end of April 1881.
                                1891 possibly in London area if the death is anything to go by.
                                you have link to 1841 on the beginning of this thread, not read all of thread so maybe it was wrong.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                  Not sure which John's burial your looking for but the John Jacques who d 1893 could be the one mentioned in Probate Records

John Jacques 21K Peabody Buildings, Southwark ?St Surrey
                                  Tailor
                                  Died 23 September 1893
                                  Probate to Widow Rose Rachel Jacques

In 1863 he m Elizabeth Mitton in Brecon. Elizabeth Jacques 43 was in the Bulith W/hse 1881 with children
                                  Elizabeth 12, Georgina 7 and Walter 4.
                                  Vera
                                  Rats!

I'm looking for John Wenden Jaques's death Vera, I have been looking on and off for years and thought I might give it another go.

He's a serial Bigamist and very difficult to pin down. He was married 3 times [that we know of] and I can't find a death for him or his first wife Sarah Robertson/Robinson. I have been in touch with several descendants of this family and none of them know when he died.

I'll have a look to see if I can spot that probate Vera, I missed that when looking.
                                  Julie

Comment

• I have been looking at a John Jacques death for Dec q 1892 Lambeth b 1820. Will search around workhouses.

Vera

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

you have link to 1841 on the beginning of this thread, not read all of thread so maybe it was wrong.
                                      Yes I do and that was for his Brother I think it was. [Robert]

I'm not sure now exactly what to think, So many red herrings and nothing concrete to say it's def him.

I do know that when his daughter married in 1900 she stated on her m/cert that he was dec'd. Elizabeth [wife 3] also stated she was a widow by 1891. [But even if JWJ had deserted her she'd save face by saying he was dead!]

Julie

Comment

• doh, read first post - was late, will have to check all the links.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                                        X