Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katarzyna
    replied

According to this thread you posted that two of his daughters - Jane married in 1879 and Caroline married 1860. What censuses do you have these daughters on please and what were the details of their marriages?

and this post on Roots confirms that we have the correct daughter - Caroline:

Caroline Flinter born 31 Aug / bap 18 Sep 1837 at St Mary's , Chester
    daughter of Thomas , Sgt Major 83rd , and Catherine of Castle Barracks.

Leave a comment:

• Katarzyna
    replied
    Name: Caroline Flinter
    Event Type: Christening
    Event Date: 18 Sep 1837, 18 Sep 1837
    Event Place: St. Mary's-on-the-Hill, Chester, Cheshire, England
    Father's Name: Thomas Flinter
    Mother's Name: Catherine

FLINTER, CAROLINE FLINTER DALY
    GRO Reference: 1837 S Quarter in GREAT BOUGHTON Volume 19 Page 25

Leave a comment:

• Katarzyna
    replied
    Welcome Lorna,
    Are you sure Catherine was born was born 1809/10? She would only have been 12/13 at her marriage in 1822. Was their marriage date from his Service record?

Leave a comment:

• Lorna
    replied
    Yes move it as I wasn't sure where to put it. Yes I have 9 pages of his army record and discharge. He served just over 12 years overseas. That would have been Ceylon. Though I did notice in the memoirs of 83rd lightfoot book that a detachment was sent to Calcutta for a time. Can't get records on that end. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied
    Hi, Lorna - and welcome to ftf!

You may get more attention for this thread in the first grouping, Research History Research. A moderator can move it for you.

Have you looked for his pension record?
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 21-10-18, 23:04.

Leave a comment:

• Lorna
    started a topic Flinter marriage

Flinter marriage

My ggg grandfather Thomas Flinter married Catherine Daly (or similar) in 1822. Following the travels of the 83rd lightfoot he would have been in Ceylon somewhere when he got married. Catherine was born 1809/10 in the cape of good hope (I have this on a 1861 census in Ireland) I also have found one of his daughters was born in kandy in 1826 -Eliza, under the name Flinton.!! I so would love to find their marriage in Ceylon or on board ship. I found the ship Adamant and Eliza that they sailed on from cape to Ceylon but no list of names.
    Many thanks.
    Lorna
Working...
X