Marriage of John Suter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage of John Suter

Hello, I am trying to find the marriage of John Suter and who he married abt. 1675.
    They had 3 children
    Anne Suter b abt.1695 Easebourne Sussex
    Nicholas Suter b abt.1699 Easebourne Sussex
    Sarah b abt. 1701 Easebourne Sussex
    I would be most grateful for any information regarding this search.

Kind Regards

Anthony Suter

I can't find any in Sussex for this period. Nearest is 14th July 1688 at East Lavant John Sutaar to Jane Younge.

Comment

I presume you mean c.1695.

As you know, a name like SUTER can be grossly mis-spelled or mis-transcribed especially in a largely pre-literate era. However, you can search Sussex parish records online at familysearch. For example: Search; Catalog; type Easebourne; click on Church Records. This takes you to both the BTs and the original parish records - it takes a litle time to search through but, for example, under Parish Registers of Easebourne 1538-1901 the first item dlisplayed down th page is film 918250 with marriages and bann 1538-1876. If you click on the camera the film comes up. There are 765 images - then go through them at intervals until you find the right sequence of years.

Hopefully you can judge whether the marriage took place there or not, allowing for the possibility of missing or defaced pages etc.

Comment

I searched for all marriages, the Sussex Marriage Index takes all the spelling variations into account, other than the 1688 marriage any others are 30 years earlier and later.

Comment

There is a John Sother, married 25 Jun 1677 at Fittleworth, Sussex to a Mary Marden.

Comment

Marriage of John Suter

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
            I can't find any in Sussex for this period. Nearest is 14th July 1688 at East Lavant John Sutaar to Jane Younge.
            Thank you Jill for your prompt reply and will have a look I am always grateful for any help.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

Comment

Hello Bertie,

Thank you for your quick reply and yes I did mean c.1695 and also agree with you that Suter has a lot of variants.
              I am extremely grateful for the information that you gave me regarding Family Search I have used Family Search many times but never realised that you could access the Fiche that way.
              I have followed your instructions and will now sift through the film.
              Again most grateful for your help

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

Comment

Thank you HTSCF Fareham for your quick reply which I am extremely grateful and will have a look as Fittleworth isn't far from Easebourne.

Thank you again

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

Comment

Thank you again Jill, I will have a good look at the date which seems pretty close.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

Comment

Working...
                  X