Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA? 20th December 2007 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not convinced that William Thomas Sime is my William Henry Symes but will order the certificate just to make sure.

I can understand the spelling mistake on the 1901 but for the registrar to spell it the same on the birth entry is a bit of a puzzle.
    Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Originally posted by Rosi Glow View Post
      Not convinced that William Thomas Sime is my William Henry Symes but will order the certificate just to make sure.

I can understand the spelling mistake on the 1901 but for the registrar to spell it the same on the birth entry is a bit of a puzzle.
      Didn't your William Henry have the name Thomas as well?

What's a spelling "mistake"? Maybe they always spelled it Sime(s) until after 1901?

If you are happy they are the right people on the 1901 as they are in the right street, then maybe it would be better for you to get the birth cert for one of the other children (whichever one can be the most safely identified) to pick up the mum's maiden name, before you even think about your William!

Comment

No Merry, My William Henrys Father was William Thomas Henry Symes.
        Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Originally posted by Rosi Glow View Post
          No Merry, My William Henrys Father was William Thomas Henry Symes.
          Yes, reading back I can see I got confused!

Should the birth cert turn out to be the right one, maybe William Henry got confused about which of his father's names he was given??

Comment

Working...
          X