My father Hilles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father Hilles

I'm working on the will of Thomas Page of Fletching , Sussex from 1615, his son John is his executor, there are bequests to his daughters and he appoints "my father hilles" as well as a neighbour to be overseers of his will and to receive a sum for the bringing up of his youngest daughter Judeth (aged 10 when she was orphaned).

I'm wondering what the relationship of Thomas and "my father hilles" could be. I had thought father in law but I cannot find a marriage for Thomas, his wife died two years earlier and is buried as the "wife of Thomas Page". There are two Hills/Page marriages in the next parish of Newick. Any thoughts welcome.
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 02-04-18, 17:20. Reason: typos

I think it's quite likely his f-i-l. I have a 1679 will where the testator mentions 'my mother STERNE' and I know he married a STERNE. Not only that but he is mentioning the legacy left to his son by this person & the son is also mentioned in the gm's will.
    Glen

Comment

Thankyou, I shall have to look to see what Hilles entries are in the Fletching PRs and adjoining parishes and see if there are any clues, or if there are any Hilles wills.

Comment

Working...
      X